Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

xebec wrote: »
    That sounds very fair: "bring on two players with fresh legs there lads, we wouldn't want your dirty play to disadvantage ya..."

Any organised game where this is allowed to happen cannot be taken seriously IMO. You get two players sent off in normal time and having used all your subs, get your numbers back up to 15 with two pairs of fresh legs. That's the last time I ever tune into a game of football again, joke.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Daithi BC wrote: »
    Anyone worked out yet how to get an audio feed with just the commentary and without the swarm of angry bees?

The bees may yet get banned from matches, but I doubt it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/13/world-cup-vuvuzela-ban-tv-complaints

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

xebec wrote: »
    That sounds very fair: "bring on two players with fresh legs there lads, we wouldn't want your dirty play to disadvantage ya..."

It's been the rule for a long time now, it's extra time instead of a replay so it's considered a new 10 minute each way game.

Wexford should have tried to play a bit when playing against 14 and 13 men. As for the 'dirty play', neither of them should have been sending offs. First one was a wexford player blocking his man off the ball, then diving when he ran in to him ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ever wondered how much caffeine it would take to kill you? This site will tell you...

Apparently it would take 127 shots of espresso to kill me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

93.78 cups of brewed coffee to do me in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Still some work to be done with explaining the scoring system to the yanks:
    wins.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

And geography!

Yep, hadn't spotted that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I have three JLS tickets for Cork on Wednesday if anyone wants them let me know

Bally8 wrote: »
    I have three JLS tickets for Cork on Wednesday if anyone wants them let me know

I'd rather smear my eyeballs with jam and stick my head in a nest of angry wasps ;)

Hope you won them in a competition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I'd rather smear my eyeballs with jam and stick my head in a nest of angry wasps ;)

LOL. I had to google JLS to find out who they were. I would have put you down as a big fan:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Ha ha no I actually paid for them a few months ago- a birthday present for my daughter who loves them. We are not going now (thank god).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Woohoo, flights, tickets and accomodation all sorted for the European Athletics Championships in Barca end of July. Anyone else heading? Surely there must be the odd Track & Field fanatic here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

^I'm on the verge of booking it. Just trying to finalise dates at the mo

04072511 wrote: »
    Woohoo, flights, tickets and accomodation all sorted for the European Athletics Championships in Barca end of July. Anyone else heading? Surely there must be the odd Track & Field fanatic here. :D

*is totally jealous*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

^I'm on the verge of booking it. Just trying to finalise dates at the mo

Fantastic. I'll PM you the hostel I'm staying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

hey guys,
    just a quick note to say that I'm looking for French/German and Spanish Customer Service Executives for several positions in Shannon.
    pm me for more info :)

Looking for cunning linguists, eh? :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

hey guys,
    just a quick note to say that I'm looking for French/German and Spanish Customer Service Executives for several positions in Shannon.
    pm me for more info :)

*off to learn french*!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

anyone know when arnotts sale is on and more specifically what price will/are the ascics KAYANO 16 's thought i heard something about 50% off but missed the full ad.

i dont need runners but kayano's are just the business........

Tomorrow at 9am is the start of it, as far as I know. Early start for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I've just been told to do some aquajogging. nooooo, my credibility gone;)

I've just been told to do some aquajogging. nooooo, my credibility gone;)

Are you sure it wasn't aqua-aerobics, all together now girls..and 1 and 2, to the right and lift.....- with JLS playing in the background :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay in Killarney for 2 nights during the Ring Of Kerry Cycle...Always worth asking :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

stmochtas wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay in Killarney for 2 nights during the Ring Of Kerry Cycle...Always worth asking :-)
    The words cheap and killarney is a contradiction in terms!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My sister wants me to be godmother to her unborn child. The poor child. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

My sister wants me to be godmother to her unborn child. The poor child. :eek:

You could always buy him/her a baseball cap with his/her name on it as a christening pressie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

OI wrote: »
    You could always buy him/her a baseball cap with his/her name on it as a christening pressie.

The Leeds shirt is already ordered though. Luckily my brother in law is a Leeds fan(I taught her well) so I don't have to worry about that end of things. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Anyone have the number for the ISPCC?

Advertisement