Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

RayCun wrote: »
    Anyone have the number for the ISPCC?

Ouch :eek:

Article about our very own hunnymonster in the latest edition of the In Touch magazine. Media whoring at its very best. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

MTVs Made has been entertaining me for an hour. Reminds me of that programme on channel 4 - faking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Ouch :eek:

Article about our very own hunnymonster in the latest edition of the In Touch magazine. Media whoring at its very best. :P
    what's in touch?

what's in touch?

Mag from the Irish Massage Therapists Association.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Code compiling, running and working first tiime is The Best Thing Ever. Just saying. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Code compiling, running and working first tiime is The Best Thing Ever. Just saying. :)

There speaks someone who has wasted thier student years :(

There speaks someone who has wasted thier student years :(

I think the correct phrasing there is "has wasted too many years being a student" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

France go behind. Shame.

And if it stays like that, put your house on Mexico v Uruguay to end 0-0. It'll be El Anschluss all over again.

Awww poor France :pac:

• Advertisement

Awww poor France :pac:

World's smallest violin, world's saddest song... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I was still half asleep going out for my run this morning that i didn't put any socks on. Bleeding toes :mad:

bah, I'll see your bleeding toes and raise you 4 lost toenails and a limp!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Code compiling, running and working the first time means there is likely something major wrong with it! Test, test and more test...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Code compiling, running and working first tiime is The Best Thing Ever. Just saying.

xebec wrote: »
    Code compiling, running and working the first time means there is likely something major wrong with it! Test, test and more test...

Ahhh ... remember the days when you got two maybe three shots at a compile/link/test per day on your old mainframe. One compile error could blow the whole day ! Tsk ... kids today !

*Shuffles slowy off into a corner and fondly thumbs his yellowing paper manuals*

pgmcpq wrote: »
    Ahhh ... remember the days when you got two maybe three shots at a compile/link/test per day on your old mainframe. One compile error could blow the whole day ! Tsk ... kids today !

*Shuffles slowy off into a corner and fondly thumbs his yellowing paper manuals*

Even I'm not that old, and I always get abuse for using CTRL+C, CTRL+V instead of the mouse (which was invented well after I started using computers).

And definitely, if the code compiles and runs first time, there is something horrifically wrong with it that will only become apparent when it is the supporting module for launching nuclear weapons or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Yep, I remember 1 hr time limit per week, 20 min limit per session, and a queue of people behind waiting to use the terminal. If you ever left out a ":" or similar, you never did it again....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

The what now? You mean the manual wasn't stored on the computer?! ;)
    Daithi BC wrote: »
    Even I'm not that old, and I always get abuse for using CTRL+C, CTRL+V instead of the mouse (which was invented well after I started using computers)..

Using the mouse to copy and paste?! Where's the efficiency in that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

xebec wrote: »
    Using the mouse to copy and paste?! Where's the efficiency in that?
    What he said, or is there some quicker method of cut/ copy/ paste that has been kept secret from me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Ctrl+A is select all.

Ctrl+C is copy

Ctrl+V is paste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I'm waiting for someone to chime in with a story about when they dropped their box of punch cards...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

RayCun wrote: »
    I'm waiting for someone to chime in with a story about when they dropped their box of punch cards...

Even better I can remember getting a little brown envelope every Thurs with cash in it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

At this rate, payday will soon be a distant memory for everyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Even better I can remember getting a little brown envelope every Thurs with cash in it :eek:

:D That brings back memories. I think I got 18 punts in my first brown envelope.

DubMedic wrote: »
    Ctrl+A is select all.

Ctrl+C is copy

Ctrl+V is paste.

Fecking PC users it's cmd not ctrl. :pac:

it's neither ctrl or cmd is yNy

Fecking PC users it's cmd not ctrl. :pac:

Backward Mac users and their one-button mice....

it's neither ctrl or cmd is yNy

I had to Google that. It came up with "YNY may stand for: the IATA airport code of Yangyang International Airport"

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Alt + tab, greatest keyboard shortcut of all time, I also like Windows key + m and alt + f4, that's a particularly good one if you need to close your browser quickly for any reason. Anyone got any others ?

By the way, I passed my exams, now the proud owner of an hons degree. Now to get running regularly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

congrats OI. Sleep and running in that order!

Advertisement