Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Try Ctrl W

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

OI wrote: »
    Alt + tab, greatest keyboard shortcut of all time, I also like Windows key + m and alt + f4, that's a particularly good one if you need to close your browser quickly for any reason. Anyone got any others ?

By the way, I passed my exams, now the proud owner of an hons degree. Now to get running regularly :rolleyes:

I like windows key + e. I'm a man of simple pleasures. Although I've been trying a programmable satellite keyboard lately and they are pretty useful..

Well done on exams..

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Congrats on degree, OI!

Alt+Tab is great, as are windows + m or e.

My most used one is CTRL + Z (often followed by CTRL + Y).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

bah, I'll see your bleeding toes and raise you 4 lost toenails and a limp!

Pfft - that doesn't count ... you're superhuman :)
    OI wrote: »
    Alt + tab, greatest keyboard shortcut of all time, I also like Windows key + m and alt + f4, that's a particularly good one if you need to close your browser quickly for any reason. Anyone got any others ?

By the way, I passed my exams, now the proud owner of an hons degree. Now to get running regularly :rolleyes:

Congrats OI!.

My degree results are out 9am Monday morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

RayCun wrote: »
    I'm waiting for someone to chime in with a story about when they dropped their box of punch cards...

For anyone feeling nostalgic about boxes of punch cards - or if you just want to know how much fun they were to use - check out this great short story (PDF) from Dale Fisk about him learning to program...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That weekend went way too fast :(

That weekend went way too fast :(

Ahh it's all 7 day weekends for me at the moment ;)

Degree results out in 9 and a half hours. :(

On a good note - went for a run and waterfall diving in clare glens today. Had an ice pop too. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I messed up and told the kids they finish school this Wednesday. Oops :o How will I break it to them that they have another whole week :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

littlebug wrote: »
    I messed up and told the kids they finish school this Wednesday. Oops :o How will I break it to them that they have another whole week :confused:

Tell them they have an extra week of detention for being bold :mad:, and because they were particularly bold, all of their classmates have to go too. Tell them that if they're not really good during the summer, there will be more detention.

Krusty's school of parenting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

ULstudent wrote: »
    A
    Degree results out in 9 and a half hours. :(
    drums fingers nervously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Tell them they have an extra week of detention for being bold :mad:, and because they were particularly bold, all of their classmates have to go too. Tell them that if they're not really good during the summer, there will be more detention.

Oh that's so mean :mad: but made me lol:D

They were also supposed to start sea swimming lessons next Monday but they can't now because they'll still be at school..... feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

And we wonder why kids are so scared of clowns...

Ahh it's all 7 day weekends for me at the moment

I hate you! :(

drums fingers nervously.

Still have not gotten them - the system keeps crashing! I think im going to give myself a hernia!

I hate you! :(

Shouldn't you be at work or something?

Shouldn't you be at work or something?

I'm on a well deserved break thanks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Still have not gotten them - the system keeps crashing! I think im going to give myself a hernia!

Did ya get them yet????????????

Did ya get them yet????????????

Yup - got 2nd class. Could have been better, could have been worse.

Either way, i am currently nursing a hangover with Lindt chocolate, muesli and an omlette and nice mug of barrys tea. Also sprawled in bed watching transformers 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Either way, i am currently nursing a hangover with Lindt chocolate, muesli and an omlette and nice mug of barrys tea. Also sprawled in bed watching transformers 2.

Awe well done hun. delighted for ya :)

Congratulations. Hope you're sitting out in the sunshine. It'll help with the hangover.

• Advertisement

:DABF:D

Half Time
    South Africa 2 - 0 France

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    :DABF:D

Half Time
    South Africa 2 - 0 France

Need Uragury to score some more to help out SA a bit, but much more importantly France are out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Why don't 'phonewatch', 'UPS', 'sky','perlico', 'airtricty' and any other bloody provider of stuff I don't want p1ss off and stop phoning and calling to my door. The last week I seem to have them all just as I'm sitting down for a meal or getting into the shower. They send enough junk mail so why do they have to keep annoying me? If I want their crap I'll contact them, I don't, so go away. Last week I spotted airtricty doing the rounds so I did'nt answer the door - they came back again and again until they caught me on my way out. Then when they catch you they are so pushy, one guy was insisting on looking at my last ESB bill, almost foot in the door stuff, in the end I had to tell him I worked for the ESB (I lied) to get rid of him. Do people really signup and give their bank account details on the doorstep to a stranger?
    *rant over*:p

gerard65 wrote: »
    Why don't 'phonewatch', 'UPS', 'sky','perlico', 'airtricty' and any other bloody provider of stuff I don't want p1ss off and stop phoning and calling to my door. The last week I seem to have them all just as I'm sitting down for a meal or getting into the shower. They send enough junk mail so why do they have to keep annoying me? If I want their crap I'll contact them, I don't, so go away. Last week I spotted airtricty doing the rounds so I did'nt answer the door - they came back again and again until they caught me on my way out. Then when they catch you they are so pushy, one guy was insisting on looking at my last ESB bill, almost foot in the door stuff, in the end I had to tell him I worked for the ESB (I lied) to get rid of him. Do people really signup and give their bank account details on the doorstep to a stranger?

Calm down 'Victor' and go for a run.
    What works for me is to ask them to quote their data privacy policy and in particular what is their suppression process, adding obviously that you would like to be removed from their database and are looking for personal assurance that this will happen and in what time line.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Or ask them for their bank account details first.

Tell the airtricity guys that your electricity is provided by bord gais and they'll go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Someone suggested answering the door in the nude, but the Judge warned me about that before:eek:

I got a call from O2 today, trying to get me to renew my contract with them (with no offers of any incentives - they must think we're all idiots). But what I found amusing was they rang me, and then proceeded to ask me questions to prove to their satisfaction that I was who I was supposed to be. Questions like 'what's your surname' 'date of birth' etc. Given that the call came from an unknown number, I asked the telemarketer to prove who she was, and she told me the only thing she could do was send me a text message. Bloody cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

as a very reluctant convert to Grays anatomy, I have to admit I have enjoyed the odd episode or two. Anyone see it tonight? Shocking stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

gerard65 wrote: »

heh, that stuff drives me nuts, about the best thing about apartment living. Ignoring random callers to the door, blocked phone numbers are a no no for me too...

Advertisement