Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just realised that at some point during the hell that was the 10 x 400's that I was made do during training yesterday evening I passed the distance that I did during the whole of last years 1000 mile thread. :D

Still got another 250 odd to get to the magic number though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It's my anniversary next week. 6 years since I went for my very first (and very short!) run :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Todays top tip.

Remember that you've only got the orange lenses in your shades, and not the mirror ones so people can see your eyes, before you admire too much of the scenery that is passing you by when stopped for a break during your bike ride. :o

<insert robinph's attraction to brazilians joke here>

It's my anniversary next week. 6 years since I went for my very first (and very short!) run :-)

How far did you consider short way back when?

• Advertisement

lol, I didn't risk running outside. I ran on the treadmill in college and lasted 5 minutes! My phd supervisor offered to call an ambulance when he met me afterwards - 2 hours afterwards and I was still beetroot red :o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Weighed myself earlier after LSR. 65kgs. Need food and lots of it. Aim to be at least 70kgs before the night is out.

that's what I like to see. A man with an ambitious target for Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Anyone want to give me a job teaching spinning/working in a gym im all yours! Serious motivation on the job hunt today. Even started applying in Scotland but i don't think my qualification is REPS recognised by the UK fitness industry. Blah. Well anywhere out of Limerick will do me. Hopefully Dublin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The gym I use is looking for staff I'll dig out the advertisement when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Wow, daytime TV sucks! (Not helped by only having two of the Irish channels)

Having LOADS of fun flat hunting at the moment, 2 viewings last night, 4 tonight... Anyone want to sort it all out for me? I'm happy to hand over the money if you do the hunting and moving bit ;)

Anyone, particularly the ladies want a bottle belt? got one of THESE a few months ago and it's a tad bit too small for me. It's never been used and I'm sure you could buy some velcro in hickeys or something anyway to extend it a bit. The one I have is size small(27-29 inches). Don't want any money for it, I got it free(ish) anyway so it's free to a good home.

I've also got a good deal on a 310xt so there may be a Garmin 405 for sale sometime soon.

Ill take you up on the garmin if you sell.

I presume you accept tiffin bars as well as cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

ULstudent wrote: »
    I know you accept tiffin bars instead of cash?

FYP :rolleyes:

In other news, I found an awesome new place to live! Within budget, huge room and lovely place. Signing lease and getting keys on Friday evening all going well...

Ill take you up on the garmin if you sell.

I presume you accept tiffin bars as well as cash?

Of course, but don't tell anyone in the nutrition forum if I ever get that log started again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Isn't guilt free eating great?
    Chicken satay and rice with some veggie curry and chips. :D
    (hard earned after a run of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

wet iphone...:mad: silly silly me.

Blueskye wrote: »
    wet iphone...:mad: silly silly me.

Been there. I feel your pain.:(

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

leave it off and try the old in a ziploc bag covered with rice in the hotpress for a couple of days.

I don't have a hotpress but have put it in a bag of rice since last night. Not working yet anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

I've heard about (and used) the put wet phone in hot press trick but what does the rice do?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Rice is a dessicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

RayCun wrote: »
    Rice is a dessicant.

well you learn something new everyday! Thanks RayCun

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Blueskye wrote: »
    I don't have a hotpress but have put it in a bag of rice since last night. Not working yet anyway...

make sure it's covered fully with the rice and don't try and turn it on for a couple of days, trying to turn it on when it's wet/damp inside could easily fry it for good...

My new toy arrived today - the 310xt. It's so prettttttty. :D

But does it match the rest of your running gear? You managed to have colour matched shoes, short, top and GPS for the 5 miler I seem to remember.

robinph wrote: »
    But does it match the rest of your running gear? You managed to have colour matched shoes, short, top and GPS for the 5 miler I seem to remember.

That was purely accidental and I'm still ashamed about it. I hoped everyone had forgotten :(

spaceylou wrote: »
    I've heard about (and used) the put wet phone in hot press trick but what does the rice do?? :confused:

Did it work?

Interview for Monday. EEK EEK EEK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Interview for Monday. EEK EEK EEK

Good luck! :D

(will reward with good dark choc if you get it)

Advertisement