Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Good luck! :D

(will reward with good dark choc if you get it)

I will hold you that!

making a list as we speak :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That was purely accidental and I'm still ashamed about it. I hoped everyone had forgotten :(

Likely story, didn't your socks match the colour scheme as well? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

ULstudent wrote: »
    Interview for Monday. EEK EEK EEK

Good luck!!!

Blueskye wrote: »
    Good luck!!!

Cheers -

If i get the job you will have to come to one of my group indoor cycling classes in the city if i do get it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I just got a taxi back from town. I had an Irish taxi driver who went off on the usual rant of how the 'foreign' and 'illegal:rolleyes:' taxi drivers were ruining the business <insert racist bull sh it>.
    After 30 seconds of this crap I told the guy I had sore ears as I have heard this cr a p a thousand times and that he could either drop me off here with no charge or stfu and take me back to the house. He immediately backed down and ended up giving me a €5 discount :D
    I must try this more often.

• Advertisement

Interview for Monday. EEK EEK EEK

Well had the interview today ... and it looks like th start of me freelance teaching classes until my masters next year. From sept on i had 3 spin classes on the schedule and hopefully il get in on another gym or two. Now just gotta potter off and insure myself. Bah! Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

After 3 days of moving (and cleaning) apartments it's pretty much done at last! Was getting boards and running withdrawal symptoms, have fixed one and heading out shortly to fix the other.

So, what's been going on in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Well had the interview today ... and it looks like th start of me freelance teaching classes until my masters next year. From sept on i had 3 spin classes on the schedule and hopefully il get in on another gym or two. Now just gotta potter off and insure myself. Bah! Can't wait.

Well done!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You know you quite possibly need a life when your idea of "retail therapy" involves buying a top and shorts in the Elverys sale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

OMG Woddle, what is happenning the spurs? :confused::p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

menoscemo wrote: »
    OMG Woddle, what is happenning the spurs? :confused::p

I'm in shock but I got faith in Harry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

AMAZING! Just AMAZING! Love it!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn-NM93Fux0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Woddle wrote: »
    I'm in shock but I got faith in Harry

The likes of Spurs, Everton, Celtic etc. should not be allowed entry into the Champions League, wastes everyone's time..............

I'm joking, I'm joking, staring boards ac lifetime ban in the face there for a sec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Spurs playing for a place in the CHAMPIONS League here. When was the last time Spurs were the CHAMPIONS of ANYTHING?

They need to change the name of the competition back to European Cup, as it is neither a competition for Champions, nor is it a League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

'Spurs are getting on top of young boys':eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Martin Keown, I wasn't a fan of you as a player and I'm not a fan of you as a commentator, generally not a fan all round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

You know you quite possibly need a life when your idea of "retail therapy" involves buying a top and shorts in the Elverys sale...

Elverys have a sale??? Why did I not know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

spaceylou wrote: »
    Elverys have a sale??? Why did I not know this?

There just seemed to be a fair few reductions when I was in the one on Suffolk St, got a really nice long-sleeve blue and white Nike top for €12.99. Happy kirby is happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Got me results today, delighted with 'em. Looking forward to a hangover run tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Got me results today, delighted with 'em. Looking forward to a hangover run tomorrow!

Well done! Enjoy the celebrations :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Congrats Foxx. I can't believe it's 20 years ago today that I got mine. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I noticed last night that Dunnes Stores now sells the full range of Lucozade gels, powder tubs, Jelly Beans, energy bars and glucose sweets. When did running become so main-stream? What's next - Spar Lycra shorts? MacDonalds recovery meals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

I noticed last night that Dunnes Stores now sells the full range of Lucozade gels, powder tubs, Jelly Beans, energy bars and glucose sweets. When did running become so main-stream? What's next - Spar Lycra shorts? MacDonalds recovery meals?

Which Dunnes Krusty?
    I'd assume Cornelscourt would have them if anyone would?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

FTW
    milkshake.jpg

Works for Ronald
    25936_376861879103_657299103_4920394_7501001_n.jpg

Which Dunnes Krusty?
    I'd assume Cornelscourt would have them if anyone would?
    It was Cornelscourt I saw them in. Full range of products. As clear as the day is long. Aisle 23, between the dog food and the kitchen towels (or somewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

(cant seem to post a new topic so apologies - feel free to move please)

but

anybody exoperience of head lamps /torches? that really work for running in complete darkness.

i've heard good things about petzl myo range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

It was Cornelscourt I saw them in. Full range of products. As clear as the day is long. Aisle 23, between the dog food and the kitchen towels (or somewhere).

Yeah that place is a maze, just as well it's 24hr....

i've heard good things about petzl myo range.
    I use a Petzl Tikka XP2. It's excellent. Haven't used it in 6 months, but it'll be coming out of the closet soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

I use a Petzl Tikka XP2. It's excellent. Haven't used it in 6 months, but it'll be coming out of the closet soon.

thanks. i was looking at the petzl myo rxp online and apparently its the dogs. check it out. dont know how it compares to yours.

do you use on hills/off trail or on dark and i mean real dark roads.
    did you get any funny looks (funnier than normal i mean;))
    thanks.

anyone else try the old running like a caveman thing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The flashing red light option came in handy on my Petzl when wearing it late at night in Glastonbury.

No idea what it's like to actually run with.

Advertisement