Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

thanks. i was looking at the petzl myo rxp online and apparently its the dogs. check it out. dont know how it compares to yours.

do you use on hills/off trail or on dark and i mean real dark roads.
    did you get any funny looks (funnier than normal i mean;))
    thanks.

anyone else try the old running like a caveman thing?

I'm sure that model is better than mine, given it's external battery source. Yes, I've used mine on and off-road and in complete darkness. In fact, the darker it is, the better the light seems to illuminate your path (but that's probably just me). Yes, you get far funnier looks than normal, and you get slagged a bit. When back in civilization, I usually wrap it around my arm and turn on the red flashing light.

My local park has no lights, so at night all the runners, dog-walkers, and even some of the dogs(!) have their respective head-torches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Greetings from the Edinburgh Fringe! Not much running going on over here at the moment, but laughing a lot!

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, if you're not a complete Des Bishop hater his latest show is worth whatever money he's charging. The show is his dad's life story, and it was the best combination of funny and sad I've ever seen in a comedy show. I had heard it was good but was blown away by it, he got a full standing ovation last night.

Ok, now to let normal service resume...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My brothers been up at the fringe since it started however many weeks ago, he must have seen everything several times by now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Des Bishop is woeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Des Bishop is woeful!

You're woeful! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Can't decide, should I have the Grilovany losos na ihlici so zázvorovou sójovou omáckou or the Viedensky tel'ací rezen s bylinkovymi zemiakmi a salatom - any suggestions anyone?
    The wonders of a Slovakian room service menu :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Grilled salmon skewers with ginger soy sauce or the Vienna tel'ací steak with herb potatoes and salad

Sounds good to me.

Salmon on the way preceeded by a cheeky bowl of Kokosová chili polievka so zázorom a kuracími kúskami and a Coca Cola Zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Salmon on the way preceeded by a cheeky bowl of Kokosová chili polievka so zázorom a kuracími kúskami and a Coca Cola Zero

Any chance you can get me a job in your place :D and what is it you do bar travel :D

Did you find out what tel'ací was?

• Advertisement

Not badski - good choice!
    4904975661_88e01e68f6_z.jpg

robinph wrote: »
    Did you find out what tel'ací was?

Schnitzel

That looks like only one špíz of salmon to me, Google claimed you'd be getting špajlí.

robinph wrote: »
    That looks like only one špíz of salmon to me, Google claimed you'd be getting špajlí.

Well it did taste like more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

So thats the starter sorted. Whats for the main course?

gerard65 wrote: »
    So thats the starter sorted. Whats for the main course?

I'm loosing kgs for next Weds ;)

ULstudent wrote: »
    You're woeful! :pac:

Everyone here knows that this is completely untrue. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Would sex and the city 2 just end already :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Silence.

This isn't exactly off-topic, so apologies, but I don't think it warrants its own thread.

What age do you have to be to enter most events? Eighteen?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Silence. wrote: »
    This isn't exactly off-topic, so apologies, but I don't think it warrants its own thread.

What do you mean by most events? Road races? I think the lower age limit for road races is 15, but I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Silence.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    What do you mean by most events? Road races? I think the lower age limit for road races is 15, but I'm open to correction.

Anything really. Races, triathlons, all the events in the "Events" forum.

Thanks!

Silence. wrote: »

Depends on the distance. Marathons and some half marathons are 18, shorter races don't usually have an age set.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Depends on the distance. Marathons and some half marathons are 18, shorter races don't usually have an age set.
    I've seen 12 year olds part-take in 10k's. i can see the reason behind a age limit on marathons though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Just wanted to say that I was listening to the Liveline podcasts from yesterday and Joe Duffy was ANGRY!! Grrr!!

I'm sure I used to see more young people entering the likes of 10k's back in the day, when I was one myself. Wouldn't be surprised if they tend to stick a limit of something like 16 on them now though. Back in the mists of time though I did several 10k'ish distances as a kid, but I also did a marathon* at age 11 and again at 12 though.

*26.2mile long sponsored walk really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

Friend of mine showed me this last night, got a giggle out of it :)

How do you put a youtube video in. Like above^?

No still won't work. But in other news Leeds won today.

gerard65 wrote: »
    How do you put a youtube video in. Like above^?

Use the tags [ youtube]abc123[ /youtube] without the spaces, and the abc123 part is the alpha code from the end of the URL of the video on YouTube. After the = sign to the end of the line, you don't want the www.youtube.com part.

• Advertisement

Advertisement