Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This is well worth a watch - Inside Incredible Athletes. Profiles some of the elite Paralympians, I found it fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pure torturous hell those exams were! Never want to see any of that crap again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

04072511 wrote: »
    EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER EXAMS ARE OVER :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pure torturous hell those exams were! Never want to see any of that crap again!

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

killing.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My bodyclock is fooked, been awake since 4:30 so much for having lots of sleep on my week off. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My bodyclock is fooked, been awake since 4:30 so much for having lots of sleep on my week off. :rolleyes:
    Just how many weeks off do you get? :confused:
    Congrats on the 50 by the way. You know what's next....

Just how many weeks off do you get? :confused:
    Congrats on the 50 by the way. You know what's next....

Not enough, and yes, a proper marathon is next. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 23 years. Last night I had a dream that I started smoking with people looking at me funny saying "wtf are you starting smoking at your age for". This morning I couldn't get the thought out of my head about how strange it would be to start smoking at this age.
    I just looked in PI and theres a thread entitled "middle aged almost and started smoking" :eek:
    I'm psychic me :cool: but really.... that's just weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

You're lucky. I have woken around that time every morning since Thursday, with the exception of Saturday when I did not sleep at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

It's a Monday, and a dark, grey, wet depressing one at that. It's windy and it's been raining for what seems like 24 hours. Yet I'm sitting here at work, inside, dry, warm and all I can think is...

"I want to go for a run"

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer it were dry but I'm almost certainly heading out for a jog in it as soon as I get home from work.

Have I tipped over the edge into the abyss? :)

You're lucky. I have woken around that time every morning since Thursday, with the exception of Saturday when I did not sleep at all!

Didn't sleep well on Friday night, or Saturday or last night. My food intake has been really, really poor. I've eaten very little and I'm starting to freak out now about it. Lack of sleep and lack of adequate nutrition does not = good recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Didn't sleep well on Friday night, or Saturday or last night. My food intake has been really, really poor. I've eaten very little and I'm starting to freak out now about it. Lack of sleep and lack of adequate nutrition does not = good recovery.

It's been very similar for me. Apart from not sleeping well, I could not eat at all on Saturday. Even several hours after the race my stomach would start cramping violently every time I tried to eat anything. Thankfully that resolved itself on Sunday, but my appetite still isn't great, which is highly unusual for me. Usually I turn into the Ravenous Beast after a long run and even more so after a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

It's a Monday, and a dark, grey, wet depressing one at that. It's windy and it's been raining for what seems like 24 hours. Yet I'm sitting here at work, inside, dry, warm and all I can think is...

"I want to go for a run"

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer it were dry but I'm almost certainly heading out for a jog in it as soon as I get home from work.

Have I tipped over the edge into the abyss? :)

By now, you're at the very bottom of the abyss, and the rope you brought to get out again is a metre too short. Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Daithi BC wrote: »
    .... the rope you brought to get out again is a metre too short. Welcome!

What? You brought a rope? No one told me I was meant to bring a rope!!
    What the hell!!
    No wonder I've been down here so long :D

http://twitter.com/KaiWayne
    Just asked mummy if her and daddy are looking at reconciliation. She said "No pet, we're just trying to work things out." Jesus.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

:)

Have just purchased a ticket to see U2 play in Auckland on November 26th, the day after I arrive in the country. Definetely meant to be! A standing ticket aswell :D 5th U2 gig but my first outside of Ireland :)

Someone mentioned this to me the other day, and I found it hard to believe:
    Asics DS Trainer - Weight = 292g
    Mizuno Waverider - weight = 297g

I had always held up the DS trainer in my mind as a very light running/racing shoe and never realized that the Mizuno Waverider I've been running in for years, was almost as light. You learn something new every day.

What a waste of my week off from work. Every morning I've been awake before 7am and every day I've just gone shopping and sat around...shopping online and watching rubbish TV. It's a great life actually! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Someone mentioned this to me the other day, and I found it hard to believe:
    Asics DS Trainer - Weight = 292g
    Mizuno Waverider - weight = 297g

I had always held up the DS trainer in my mind as a very light running/racing shoe and never realized that the Mizuno Waverider I've been running in for years, was almost as light. You learn something new every day.

Dont get me started on running shoe weights..........Im embaressed to admit one time when I was buying a pair of runners I actually went into elverys with a set of weighing scales. The guy behind the counter was very accomodating and nice and allowed me to weigh several shoes before I made a choice. Must've thought I was barkin' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

What a waste of my week off from work. Every morning I've been awake before 7am and every day I've just gone shopping and sat around...shopping online and watching rubbish TV. It's a great life actually! :pac:
    Sure you will be off again next week, what are ya complaining about:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Saw the back of someone, who I was told later was an international* runner, disappear into the distance at great speed as I was running my 5km leg of a relay race today. I was just delighted that I only lost the one place and the team still came in third. When there was a bit of a heated discussion afterwards about if that guy was even eligible for the club he was brought in to run for as he is a member of another one in another county I decided to keep quiet about being in two clubs myself as well. :D

* Wales counts doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'm stuck at home waiting for the Argos delivery man to arrive with our nw freezer. Bulk baking in this house tomorrow :-)

My son just got his junior cert results. He did far better than I did in my inter cert.
    Shhh... Don't tell him... I won't be able to send him up to his room any more to study..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

My son just got his junior cert results. He did far better than I did in my inter cert.
    Shhh... Don't tell him... I won't be able to send him up to his room any more to study..

Intercert was much harder ;)

Well, everybody knows that!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

"In my day...." :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Well done him! Crack open a beer with him to celebrate. Oh, wait, you can't...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Well done him! Crack open a beer with him to celebrate. Oh, wait, you can't...:pac:

Who's going for a session in Shanganagh so :rolleyes:

Advertisement