Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Who's going for a session in Shanganagh so :rolleyes:

Talking of sessions, this made me laugh a bit:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

menoscemo wrote: »
    Talking of sessions, this made me laugh a bit:

Excellent, it's not that he was hungover but rather a "confluence of events" that affected his interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Is chasing sheep a valid form of fartlick training?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

ocnoc wrote: »
    Is chasing sheep a valid form of fartlick training?

Hmmmm ... chasing sheep.

Fart - lick you say.

So may innuendos, i just can't bring myself to start.

Chasing sheep would be a great fartlek session i imagine though ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

an bhfuil tu in ann caint as gaeilge?

(I clearly can't)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Cannot believe most of the Cork jazz festival events are on the two days before DCM and the day of DCM. Would happily spend the weekend drinking and listening to amazing music...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

yeah it kinda sucks :-(

Does anyone know anything about digital pianos? When I used to play pianos came in two types: grand or upright.... Now I seem to need to be an electronic engineer to buy a piano. I'd love a "real" one but we just don't have the room.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

We had an old upright one years ago, but then the parents got an early electronic one as it started to fall apart and they got annoyed with calling out the tuner all the time I think. I was only ickle myself at the time, but I suspect the upright one had taken quite a beating over the years with all of us kids learning on it.

No help really I guess, sorry. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

This is so satisfying, I hate litter bugs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVKbURRlLg&feature=player_embedded Ok do gooders can be annoying too but I hate seeing people throw rubbish. Hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

This is so satisfying, I hate litter bugs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVKbURRlLg&feature=player_embedded Ok do gooders can be annoying too but I hate seeing people throw rubbish. Hate it.
    Its been around for a few months. I think its staged. The guy in the white jumper is a fairly well know actor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

gerard65 wrote: »
    Its been around for a few months. I think its staged. The guy in the white jumper is a fairly well know actor.

Now that you say it, why is the picture so good? you wouldn't get good quality pic or sound from a camera phone. Thought I recognised that guy too. Damn it, I've been had!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Now that you say it, why is the picture so good? you wouldn't get good quality pic or sound from a camera phone. Thought I recognised that guy too. Damn it, I've been had!!
    I think it was the sound quality that gave it away, they had to be miked up. Someone said it was going to be used in schools for an anti-litter campaign.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RayCun wrote: »
    an bhfuil tu in ann caint as gaeilge?

(I clearly can't)

Guy I used to work with knew "Yu Ming"* and his family, being Chinese himself too. China was apparently somewhere around Moore Street I think.

*Apologies if my non-existent Irish has just called the character My Name rather than Aimn Dom. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

robinph wrote: »
    Guy I used to work with knew "Yu Ming"* and his family, being Chinese himself too. China was apparently somewhere around Moore Street I think.
    I can't believe I just watched all 9 minutes of that.. You'd know I was off the drink. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

robinph wrote: »

When I was watching the first couple of minutes I thought that was going to be the reveal (or one of them anyway)

I guess he could be used to prove that Irish language teaching here isn't as bad as most Irish would like to claim. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

These hikes on Ilha Grande are a serious workout. Plenty more to come in Argentina, Peru and New Zealand. I dont think I need to worry anymore about losing my fitness while travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

The new series of the Inbetweeners just gets better and better! Can't believe Simon has finally gotten a girlfriend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

but in fairness, northampton town is a good team.

chins up. ye still a full point above relegation zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

but in fairness, northampton town is a good team.

chins up. ye still a full point above relegation zone.

I couldn't stop laughing after I saw the highlights of that match last night. I know it's the Carling Cup, but still... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Here, you're all computer geeks. Anyone any good with crappy PC's? My sisters computer is overridden with viruses, managed to get rid of some of them myself but there's still a load of trojans that I don't have a clue how to get rid of seen as she has no proper virus software...

It's times like these I really appreciate my macbook! :pac:

I've actually tried that but it keeps saying that the administrator access needed to delete files, even though I'm signed in as administrator. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Hey RQ, I use Microsoft essentials, its excellent and completely free, should clear up everything

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hey RQ, I use Microsoft essentials, its excellent and completely free, should clear up everything

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

+1 was going to say the same?

I've actually tried that but it keeps saying that the administrator access needed to delete files, even though I'm signed in as administrator. :confused:

Right click and select Run as Administrator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I've used hijackthis a couple of times to get rid of nasty things, seem to work but usually would use this along with free avg.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I've switched from AVG to Microsoft Security Essentials. AVG got a little annoying with their nag screens and upgrade paths.

I got peeved off, diagnosed it a f*cked and gave it back to her.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

I got peeved off, diagnosed it a f*cked and gave it back to her.:pac:

technical phrase, of course.;)

Advertisement