Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

On another Dexter related note -

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/200104911/m/642104423?r=723104423#723104423

Ratings Box:
    What's Hot/What's Not

-Top-Rated Dexter:
    The fifth season-premiere of Showtime drama Dexter kicked-off with a combined 2.34 million viewers for an original and repeat telecast on Sunday -- its highest rated opener to-date and best season-premiere for any Showtime original series in 15 years. The 9 p.m. telecast came in at 1.77 million viewers (up 16 percent from last season’s opener – 1.52 million), with an added 575,000 viewers for the repeat at 11 p.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Physios must love this time of year. every second log i read the person is going to the physio. If I could go back and change career.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Batman and Robin was on sky the other night. I never saw it before and I remember avoiding it at the cinema when it came out............for good reasons, as it turns out. Quite possibly THE worst film I have ever had the misfortune to sit through. And the only reason I did sit through it all was because it was post training and I was too cream crackered to get up and change the channel(the remote control having long since made a bid for freedom).
    Seriously, how does a film like that even get made in the first place? Who sits down, watches that crap and gives it the thumbs up?? Im not a big fan of the new batman films either(burton and keaton all the way)but compared to batman and robin they come out looking like Citizen Kane. Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Went to see "The Town" last night. Pretty good and Ben Affleck has clearly been working out. Always easy on the eye ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

LOL Liverpool :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

menoscemo wrote: »
    LOL Liverpool :p

Maybe I shouldn't laugh because it wasn't all that funny when it happened to us, but then again I can't help it. :D

Picked some of these up in dublin yesterday. ****ing lovely. Saw them and said id give it a try - went back and bought a dozen more. They will all be gone by tonight at this rate.

581873b.jpg

Just has oats, peanut butter, honey and molasses - perfect fuel for a run and no nasty added ****:)
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/JOSEPH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Now that those Boston chaps have taken over Liverpool, will "You'll Never Walk Alone" be replaced with "More Than A Feeling"?

Straight from http://twitter.com/KaiWayne Love it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'll give you back your gigantic chocolate bar from the half. You will then be able to practise the opposite of what they tell you to do at the seminar :pac:

I forgot to check. This is actually on tomorrow evening(if it goes ahead) http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=143313612378532&index=1

If you still want to come. If he doesn't there's still a ticket up for grabs kids as I haven't actually asked anyone yet. :pac:

I forgot to check. This is actually on tomorrow evening(if it goes ahead) http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=143313612378532&index=1

If you still want to come. If he doesn't there's still a ticket up for grabs kids as I haven't actually asked anyone yet. :pac:

I'll give you a ring later. You planning to head straight from work? Might be worth going to especially as I'm not sure what to be doing with myself in this taper- I am only running 3 times this week :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

After the Cork-Cobh run on Sunday I was sitting down drinking my 3rd cup of tea in the hall when I spotted someone come in with pierced nipples (they had their t-shirt off).

Does help/make worse that age-old problem of nipple burn :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

opus wrote: »
    After the Cork-Cobh run on Sunday I was sitting down drinking my 3rd cup of tea in the hall when I spotted someone come in with pierced nipples (they had their t-shirt off).

Not very shy was she. She sounds kinky.

Just spent a fortune buying LUFC branded baby stuff for the sisters baby.

56_BAB50.jpg

MEGA!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

56_BAB50.jpg

Poor child, going to grow up with a constant sense of never doing well enough :pac:

Now something like this is the clothing of a young star in the making - half the team could probably still fit into it!

N_M_A4219.jpg

But it's red...

Edit: Hang on a second, just read that properly!

xebec wrote: »
    Poor child, going to grow up with a constant sense of never doing well enough :pac:

Oh you never! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

56_BAB50.jpg

Love it:D
    And a supporter of the greatest under-achievers slagging Leeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

What the hell does an Architect have to know about quadratic equations, their doing my head in:(. We've also got to do chemistry - why? I just want to design buildings not split the atom. Still, its great to be back studying, and the state is paying me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

anyone see david byrne talking heads doing psycho killer 'live' last night on some channel.

class.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm never swimming again. Stupid sport. Spending my day off waiting in the eye and ear hospital. Wouldn't have happened if I stuck to running. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

56_BAB50.jpg

That's just child abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Can anyone explain how to put a table into a post?

I've tried copying and pasting existing tables, with and without quote tags, and I've also tried the button that inserts table tags, but when I "preview post" it just shows as text without the nice rows and columns.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

aero2k wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how to put a table into a post?

I've tried copying and pasting existing tables, with and without quote tags, and I've also tried the button that inserts table tags, but when I "preview post" it just shows as text without the nice rows and columns.:confused:
    I reckon the table previews are screwed. Try posting it and see what happens. and then delete your post real quick before anyone notices that you've screwed everything up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

That's just how 'preview post' works, it never displays the table properly.

Just post the comment and delete it if the table doesn't come through properly.
    (I can't remember how easy it is to delete new threads, so you might want to test post as a comment on an existing thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

I reckon the table previews are screwed. Try posting it and see what happens. and then delete your post real quick before anyone notices that you've screwed everything up :)
    RayCun wrote: »
    That's just how 'preview post' works, it never displays the table properly.

Just post the comment and delete it if the table doesn't come through properly.
    (I can't remember how easy it is to delete new threads, so you might want to test post as a comment on an existing thread)
    Cheers lads,

Just tried it and it worked fine despite the dodgy preview.
    Unfortunately when I messed with the content, it didn't work. I'll have another go later.

This was actually quite interesting folks if you get a chance to go to one, you should.

Ken of 32 marathons fame was fairly nice to look at too. :pac:

No running makes RQ a very very ....

In other news, im determined to get to 3000 posts by midnight tonight.

This was actually quite interesting folks if you get a chance to go to one, you should.

Now I know why you weren't listening to anything the presenter was saying :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Question, what would my granmothers 1st cousin be to my daughter.
    I'm guessing 4th cousin? or 1st cousin 3 times removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Woddle wrote: »
    Question, what would my granmothers 1st cousin be to my daughter.
    I'm guessing 4th cousin? or 1st cousin 3 times removed?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gentutor/chart.html
    Think it's 1st cousin 3 times removed, have a look at this chart and it'll be as clear as mud ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Thank god that week is over. Off to The Aviva Lansdowne Road now... Haven't been to an Irish football match in years and excited to see the new stadium so bought a ticket on a whim at lunchtime today, better than my other plan for the evening which involved 10 miles... :pac:

Advertisement