Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

hipstercathbvj_thumb-1_40c6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Logo%20white%20cropped.jpg

:D

LOL Liverpool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I swear those two are like Jason in teh Halloween films, just when you think it's over the jump up again...

All signs are it's just delaying tactics though, no one expects them to be able to stop teh sale. World domination is now just a transfer window away... :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Liverpool saga reminds of something...ah yes, the last 8 years of being a Leeds fan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Liverpool saga reminds of something...ah yes, the last 8 years of being a Leeds fan :pac:

Except dirty Leeds deserved all they got. And then some! And then some more!! And next time, take that !"£$%^&* Alan Smith down with you, willya?

*ducks for cover*

• Advertisement

Except dirty Leeds deserved all they got. And then some! And then some more!! And next time, take that !"£$%^&* Alan Smith down with you, willya?

*ducks for cover*

Don't get me started on scumf... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Gary Glitter has turned up in Chile. He heard a group of 'miners' were on the loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Are you watching this - it's really gripping stuff !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/14/liverpool-fc-sale-live-coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

pgmcpq wrote: »

Deal done, now let's focus on the derby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Has anyone been watching The Brain Cell on Setanta, it's on at the moment and it's an adventure race with a difference. It's a team based race with the usual running, biking and kayaking but there's various 'brain cells' scattered through the course such as rubik cubes, chess and a host of other puzzles.

The Rat Race is on after it staying on the same theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Just about to log off boards when I heard a scream up stairs and my OH pointing at this thing. Anyone recognise it? Is there a Bug Mod on boards that may have a clue? Unusual... Because of him my room is going to be sprayed to bits tomorrow :rolleyes:
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/caz/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.png[/IMG]

Context: he was about the size of a Brazil nut

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I like the green colour to him, or is that after you've hit him with the ray gun?

I can't wait for next season's Merseyside Derby. Liverpool -v- Tranmere Rovers. Should be a good 'un. :pac:

*You heard it here first* Rooney to City in January - 500k a WEEK. We chose the wrong sport folks. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

*You heard it here first* Rooney to City in January - 500k a WEEK. We chose the wrong sport folks. :rolleyes:

You serious?

You serious?

Well the 500k is a 'rumour' but it's a reliable one. He won't sign a new deal, wants out and wants to force through a deal at City ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Fergie has just confirmed in his press conference that Rooney wants out.

I personally never rated Rooney as highly as the English media did but he scored bundles last year and (bad as he is playing) it's a bit of a kick in the ballbag for Utd fans that he's announced he wants out.

I wonder how much they'll get for him and how much of that will get spent on players

Fergie has just confirmed in his press conference that Rooney wants out.

I personally never rated Rooney as highly as the English media did but he scored bundles last year and (bad as he is playing) it's a bit of a kick in the ballbag for Utd fans that he's announced he wants out.

I wonder how much they'll get for him and how much of that will get spent on players

He has been off form for ages (last goal from open play in March! :eek:), but primarily that's a massive blow to United. Their only so-called world-class player wants to leave.

Hope he doesn't come to City though.

Hope he doesn't come to City though.

Sounds like City - Ferguson said he wanted to go before the season started, which means its a money thing not a personality thing. Has to be City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭plodder

Heard Roy Keane this morning advising Rooney to look after number 1 and that players are "just pieces of meat" as far as the clubs are concerned. :)

Roy is clearly philisophical about his own exit from the club only 5 years ago .. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

plodder wrote: »
    Roy is clearly philisophical about his own exit from the club only 5 years ago .. :rolleyes:

It's not like he's the type to hold a gru...
    oh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Rooneys better off out of there. City are now the best club in Manchester anyway, they are moving forward while United continue to move backwards.

and how many years without a trophy is it now?

RayCun wrote: »
    and how many years without a trophy is it now?

not many UNTIL a trophy though, and that's what counts.

I see a lot of eggs, but no chickens yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

RayCun wrote: »
    I see a lot of bad eggs, but no chickens yet :)

fixed that for ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

right. I'm finished with marathon threads till after the event. All that good advice is making me worry about it too much:)

In other news the autumnal colours on the leaves of the trees are amazing in the watery afternoon sunlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Peterx wrote: »
    right. I'm finished with marathon threads till after the event. All that good advice is making me worry about it too much:)

In other news the autumnal colours on the leaves of the trees are amazing in the watery afternoon sunlight.

Watch out for wet slippy leaves on the ground during the marathon. Just a little tip.

Here is the Macmillan calculator. Have a play around with that.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Pure class from the Arsenal fans there. Whole stadium giving an ovation to an old hero as he scored for his current club. Even shouted out his name like a home team player when it was announced who scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Watch out for wet slippy leaves on the ground during the marathon. Just a little tip.

Here is the Macmillan calculator. Have a play around with that.

:)

Pah, I laugh at your evil genius and won't be going anywhere near such temptations...Macmillan I mean, not the leaves.....

Advertisement