Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

xebec wrote: »
    Pure class from the Arsenal fans there. Whole stadium giving an ovation to an old hero as he scored for his current club. Even shouted out his name like a home team player when it was announced who scored.

Don't be daft. It's easy to be generous when you're 5:1 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Don't be daft. It's easy to be generous when you're 5:1 up.

Very true, I'm sure it would have been a bit different if it had been 0:0 when he scored, but still proud of the ovation they gave someone who was a great player for the club and who had more hard times than good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

An Idiot Abroad is on Sky @ 9 - this week he's in Egypt - priceless TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Rooney has just signed a 5 year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

RayCun wrote: »
    Rooney has just signed a 5 year contract.

Wall to wall coverage on sky sports news as always.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That's pure comedy. Let the media circus begin. See what happens in January/the summer, it'll all start up again.

"In a field when you see a cow you think it's better than your own cow and it isn't"

Look at them all on the tellybox most of 'em are forgiving him already.

"Puts confidence back in the side"

Clever manipulation by Rooney and maybe even Fergie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Not sure want to make of this Rooney Saga.
    The cynic in me thinks the Glazers just signed him on a 5 year contract so they can demand a bigger transfer fee in the summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Clever manipulation by Rooney and maybe even Fergie!

Rooney and his 'advisors' knew exactly what they were doing with this one. If he hadn't got what he wanted, he'd have gone to whoever offered him the most money.

He's one of the most disgusting players in the the game. He's driven by money and nothing else. What are the bets his performances will improve massively all of a sudden? He's held the club, his boss and the FANS to ransom. Whats worse? He won.

I'd be disgusted if this was a Leeds player, how the fans can get on TV and PRAISE him after what he's done is completely beyond me. The whole saga just completely underlines what a load of money driven tripe football has become. I've very little interest anymore, even in the lower leagues it's all become money motivated.

Rooney and his 'advisors' knew exactly what they were doing with this one. If he hadn't got what he wanted, he'd have gone to whoever offered him the most money.

He's one of the most disgusting players in the the game. He's driven by money and nothing else. What are the bets his performances will improve massively all of a sudden? He's held the club, his boss and the FANS to ransom. Whats worse? He won.

I'd be disgusted if this was a Leeds player, how the fans can get on TV and PRAISE him after what he's done is completely beyond me. The whole saga just completely underlines what a load of money driven tripe football has become. I've very little interest anymore, even in the lower leagues it's all become money motivated.

Heard they offered him 300 grans a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Heard they offered him 300 grans a week!

Intentional typo!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

Hi guys, am at the expo today at a stand but someone forgot the power plug for the t.v screen!:( Anyone know where we could source a power plug for an Apple 17" flatcreen, it's about 2 years old? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

a123 wrote: »
    Hi guys, am at the expo today at a stand but someone forgot the power plug for the t.v screen!:( Anyone know where we could source a power plug for an Apple 17" flatcreen, it's about 2 years old? Thanks

What does the connection look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

On phone so can't link but compub (google them) are apple resellers & have a Dublin store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

Thanks krusty and amadeus! Plug is small white box with cable plug coming out of it.
    That store is based in grafton St amadeus so can't get there unfortunately, :( also on phone so apologies for poor writing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

It's been quiet in here today - something going on in ROI/Dublin? :rolleyes: Funny how the forum speeds up when everybody's at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

RoyMcC wrote: »
    It's been quiet in here today - something going on in ROI/Dublin? :rolleyes: Funny how the forum speeds up when everybody's at work.

Dont worry the regulars are still here (nothing to do with the fact that even on bank holidays i stuck in work:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Someone brought a box of these into work today. I know what's going in my drop bag for after Barcelona :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Im spending 2 hours with a bunch of teens tomorrow talking to them about the idea of a fitness assesment and then show them all the weight machines in the gym. I pray its a small group and quiet group. Then gotta fast from 8 tomorrow evening for friday. God il be starved! Spending friday in a metabolic suites lab. Upside is i get a pancake brekkie and a buffet style dinner at the end of the day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Peterx

so many threads get sidetracked. If I wanted to actually know if the DCM was on TV the last place to look would be a certain thread on here however it has informed me of plenty of stuff about how many good kenyans there are running marathons this year..

Is there any easy way to have my settings sort the chaff from the wheat? It's the same for any thread really, the likes of the GaleForce thread with hundreds of replies probably could be distilled down to 50 useful informative posts.

Time for bed though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Peterx wrote: »
    so many threads get sidetracked. If I wanted to actually know if the DCM was on TV the last place to look would be a certain thread on here however it has informed me of plenty of stuff about how many good kenyans there are running marathons this year..

Is there any easy way to have my settings sort the chaff from the wheat? It's the same for any thread really, the likes of the GaleForce thread with hundreds of replies probably could be distilled down to 50 useful informative posts.

Time for bed though..

It always comes down to this:

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Time for bed though..

Best thing to do is employ a personal reader who will just tell you about teh juicy bits :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Time for bed though..

We tried doing FAQ's on some threads, which in theory should work for the likes of GF, but guess what, the same questions got asked/answered again and again anyway. Think thats just the nature of internet forums.

If more people stopped answering point by point rebuttals on certain threads and dragging them way off topic, that would help too (not naming any names!:D)

But mainly, if they started paying mods, we might actually give a $hit and start filtering threads a bit better. The general quality of mods around here has fallen sharply in the past year, and that coupled with an huge increase in cranky posters has seen this forum go to blazes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Didn't you get your free iPad when they signed you up?

robinph wrote: »

Those crazzy Admins hid mine under the pillow in the suite at teh 4 seasons :rolleyes:

No, I didn't:mad:. Feck this, down tools boys. I'm calling a strike. Anything goes until I get my iPad.

No, I didn't:mad:. Feck this, down tools boys. I'm calling a strike. Anything goes until I get my iPad.

In that case, I'm doing nothing until I get two iPads! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant iTwist.

Tortillas should not be that shade of red. :eek:

• Advertisement

The powers that be got to you very quickly. I'm not for turning, and as the local head of Associated Brotherhood of the Guild of Moderators, we say iPads for all mods. Posters too, who don't ask stupid questions, and keep threads neat for my buddy Pete up there.
    We Shall Overcome.

Advertisement