Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think we should just BBQ the cows instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

robinph wrote: »
    I think we should just BBQ the cows instead.

What about the Man V Cow race?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Teaching a class tomorrow 12 and then got asked to stay on and do another class for shannon rowing club at 2 - bit of extra moneys i didn't expect. Sweet. Im like a pauv these days its unreal but my DD nad loan are on there way to been cleared. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Finally getting round to putting down the wooden floor - all going well so far, 10 rows in, about 15 or 20 to go. Hope to get it done today. If I do I'll reward my self with a short recovery run!

Good grief Woy - hold for a call from John W Henry please!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The December issue of Running Fitness has an article on the UK's version of Boards AC www.uknetrunner.co.uk

Glad I watched Fraudley & The Haymaker on the interweb and didn't pay Sky 22yoyos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Glad I watched Fraudley & The Haymaker on the interweb and didn't pay Sky 22yoyos.

I did :( I actually thought I was paying for the Pacquiao fight as well. I wouldn't have paid for that 'fight' on it's own. I've only just realised the pacman fight is on free on SS1 :o

Fraudley got paid £3m for throwing one jab in 3 rounds

menoscemo wrote: »
    I did :( I actually thought I was paying for the Pacquiao fight as well. I wouldn't have paid for that 'fight' on it's own. I've only just realised the pacman fight is on free on SS1 :o

Fraudley got paid £3m for throwing one jab in 3 rounds

Seriously, when you have Phil Collins as your intro tune - there's only going to be one outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I was told to take 7-10 days off with a calf injury. Today is day 8, debating whether I should try it out today. The head says leave it for a another couple of days - to be sure, to be sure -BUT- the heart says 'go on - just a little run around the block, can't do any harm!' Can it?*
    *Not looking for medical advice - just putting my thoughts in writing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

gerard65 wrote: »
    I was told to take 7-10 days off with a calf injury. Today is day 8, debating whether I should try it out today. The head says leave it for a another couple of days - to be sure, to be sure -BUT- the heart says 'go on - just a little run around the block, can't do any harm!' Can it?*
    *Not looking for medical advice - just putting my thoughts in writing

Tonys trials on marathon talk refers to this very topic in his build up to London. He ends up slagging himself because he can't help himself and goes out on the run and ends up hobbling home and having to take more time out. I'd leave it.

Woddle wrote: »
    Tonys trials on marathon talk refers to this very topic in his build up to London. He ends up slagging himself because he can't help himself and goes out on the run and ends up hobbling home and having to take more time out. I'd leave it.
    I know your right. Got a kick in the ass last year for doing the same thing. A proposed 3 week layoff became a 6 week layoff due to the damage I did by rushing it - if it was raining out I say no, but its such a nice afternoon out there, might just go for a walk (and maybe include a little jog).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Anyone watching the FAI Cup final? OH and son were at it, I was watching at home. Sligo Rovers keeper saved 4 penalties in shoot out :eek: Sligo won, well deserved :) (can't be doing with Shamrock Rovers at all, glad they were beaten ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

racheljev wrote: »
    (can't be doing with Shamrock Rovers at all, glad they were beaten ;))
    +1 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

The December issue of Running Fitness has an article on the UK's version of Boards AC www.uknetrunner.co.uk

Sorry for veering on-topic, but,
    "Welcome to UKnetrunner - the Affiliated Online Running Club

This is the online home of one of the few affiliated internet-based running clubs in the UK. Membership qualifies you to a £2 discount at most races in Britain. "

Race Directors on this island please note.

Can anyone suggest a good laptop/notebook. The kids want to get one together from santa. Cheaper the better but would like it to be decent aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Can anyone suggest a good laptop/notebook. The kids want to get one together from santa. Cheaper the better but would like it to be decent aswell.
    Have played around with one of the ALDI Medion jobbies recently. Decent spec for a decent price, and I found it worked as expected. I have read problems about warranty/support when things go wrong.

I still reckon it's hard to go wrong with a cheap Dell laptop (like an Inspiron 15, for around €430). Check out the Dell bargains thread occasionally for bargains and discount codes. I'd avoid the mini's, as they're so small and light, the temptation for the kids would be to carry it around like a DS. One drop and it's a goner.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

racheljev wrote: »
    Anyone watching the FAI Cup final? OH and son were at it, I was watching at home. Sligo Rovers keeper saved 4 penalties in shoot out :eek: Sligo won, well deserved :) (can't be doing with Shamrock Rovers at all, glad they were beaten ;))

Was there behind the goals where the penalties were happening. Great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

I like the Toshiba's on offer at PC-world. I have had 2 with no issue. I think they look nice too, not that that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

stmochtas wrote: »
    I like the Toshiba's on offer at PC-world. I have had 2 with no issue. I think they look nice too, not that that matters.

+1 I got a toshiba satellite 2 years ago. No problems, I really like it and the kids will think it looks cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

+1 I got a toshiba satellite 2 years ago. No problems, I really like it and the kids will think it looks cool.

I am using one right now and have been for the last 4 years. It cost something like €400 new and does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

I'd go with a Dell. Price it on the net and ring them up - they always give a few quid off/throw in sth extra. My Inspiron 6000 is over 4 years old and flying. It gets some serious use.

Good present!

Toshiba is the way to go, I've never had any problems with them and have never heard of any, they consistantly are top is customer satifaction ratings.
    Since Dell moved their manufacturing to Poland their standards have dropped, a lot of DOA's and poor customer service. Have a look a some threads in the computer section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

6 week early New Years resolution for 2011.

Re read my posts and correct all spelling and grammar before i click submit. Sometimes I wonder how people can understand my posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Fantastic blog post by Ellie Greenwood on World 100km Champs

http://elliegreenwood.blogspot.com/2010/11/iau-world-100km-road-running.html

Off to bed for the 3rd night in a row at 9pm, can't watch that crap the wife has on.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

ULstudent wrote: »
    Re read my posts and correct all spelling and grammar before i click submit. Sometimes I wonder how people can understand my posts!

...should be a capital I there UL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Great day for Utd fans

Glazers paying off the PIKs out of there own pocket (so long 16% interest rates)

and

Chelsea lose there two CBs for long spells (+ 2 months) which could prove crucial with their fixture list over Christmas

Title 19 is ours for the taking no more sharing with the Scouse:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ecoli wrote: »
    Great day for Utd fans

Glazers paying off the PIKs out of there own pocket (so long 16% interest rates)

and

Chelsea lose there two CBs for long spells (+ 2 months) which could prove crucial with their fixture list over Christmas

Title 19 is ours for the taking no more sharing with the Scouse:D:D

You've just gone way down in my estimations. Never knew you were one of THEM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fcuking Dublin Bus, because two 49s couldn't turn up on time I didn't get to get out for a run this evening. :mad:

Advertisement