Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone actually know someone who has been denied a visa??

Options
  • 23-03-2009 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Everyone and Anyone,

The boyf and i are planning on going to oz in June, only applied for visas 2night,had to get new passports and sort out the funds first.... a little bit panicked!
    He's in construction(i know, worst area to be looking for a job now) and i work in insurance and hold a maths degree......

Does anyone actually know someone who has been denied a visa??

Theres all this talk in the news and stuff but i dont actually know any one who has been denied a WHV so i'm hoping that its just a rumour!! hahaha

And does anyone know if they say no can you reapply ASAP?

Also if all goes well would 10k( not including Thailand fund, have 1,500 for 3 weeks there) tie us over 'til we gets jobs or are we kidding ourselves?

I know it depends on how quickly we can find jobs, hoping to start work as soon as we leave thailand so around July in Melbourne

Thanks for reading and any big of info would be much appreciated!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I applied for my WHV before going to bed one night. I had been approved by the time I got up next morning, so you should know soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

No unless you have a criminal past or some kind of conviction you won't be refused a WHV, a migrant visa yeah maybe, but WHV no - nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

a WHV, no, but i have been denied a kiwi working visa after my WHV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm not sure if this applies to Aus but it is worth bearing in mind that in NZ there is a limit applied to each country for WHVs. They give 3600 a year to Ireland I think (it's on the immigration website anyway).

I did wonder if with more people from home wanting to come out this way that they would reach the quota quite quickly. Maybe, people not getting WHVs will become more common?

Advertisement