Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Orizio wrote: »
    Defintely going to have to play you in a friendly Noopti, we both seem to have around the same CSR ratings. ;) Monday week alright?

Sure, lets pencil it in! :) I will field my full strength side for that one!

I do want to trim the squad down a bit, but I find it impossible to sell players. Probably because the ones I want to sell are pretty poor, and I don't like firing them. I have fired a couple though.

I would like to get the squad down to about 25 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Just fire the nine with the weakest CSR - your going to make little to no money selling so early on.

Just fire the nine with the weakest CSR - your going to make little to no money selling so early on.

I don't want to fire my players.......especially in a recession! :pac:

Seriously though, I have fired a few of them.....they were useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

hey, just joined, tommy's tigers is the team name.
    how do i request a friendly match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Use the search tool to find someones team then request the friendly.

I'd give you one but I'm booked for Monday. I'll provisionally book you for Monday week though if you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

hey, just joined, tommy's tigers is the team name.
    how do i request a friendly match?

I requested a friendly there if you dont have one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Anyone want a friendly this week?
    I just started so I want to try out my players!

BTW Team name Geraldine RFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

ya fire away, monday week it is even tho i dont know whats my best team as it doesnt say the position when you view the players

ya fire away, monday week it is even tho i dont know whats my best team as it doesnt say the position when you view the players

You have to suss out who should play where based on their attributes.

• Advertisement

Noopti wrote: »
    You have to suss out who should play where based on their attributes.

Thats the best thing, there is no right or wrong position a hooker can play 10 but he will knock on the whole time.

EDIT: I have a few questions, can your players play for their country? If they do does it improve their rugby much? How do the international coaches get picked? And anyone want a friendly?

Again, can new lads put up there teams so I can bookmark them? :)
    ajeffares wrote: »
    Thats the best thing, there is no right or wrong position a hooker can play 10 but he will knock on the whole time.

EDIT: I have a few questions, can your players play for their country? If they do does it improve their rugby much? How do the international coaches get picked? And anyone want a friendly?

Yes players can play for their countries (both senior and Under-20), I would imagine it improves as much as a normal match does, the international coaches are voted on, 'Priest' is the current Irish manager.

You have to use your knowledge of the game - put the fattest/smallest up front, good technique/strength for the props, handling for the hooker, handling, height and jumping for the locks and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

anyone still in the cup? i got knocked out last night. my own fault really, only had 7 first team players out cause important league game coming up but it means im now available for friendlies. polk high is the team name if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

anyone still in the cup? i got knocked out last night. my own fault really, only had 7 first team players out cause important league game coming up but it means im now available for friendlies. polk high is the team name if anyone is interested.

Think most of our teams where kicked out early on when they where just bots.

On another note if we gather all the teams we have available we could do our own cup (albeit we won't actually get a cup just bragging rights) through friendlies. What do people think?

Stev_o wrote: »

On another note if we gather all the teams we have available we could do our own cup (albeit we won't actually get a cup just bragging rights) through friendlies. What do people think?

Would be a good idea, would also involved a lot of organising: arranging the fixtures, making sure people arrange the appropriate games, tallying up the point etc.

I have just added everyones teams in my bookmarks, and I noticed a lot of teams are in Kildare!

Would be a good idea, would also involved a lot of organising: arranging the fixtures, making sure people arrange the appropriate games, tallying up the point etc.

I have just added everyones teams in my bookmarks, and I noticed a lot of teams are in Kildare!

Considering most of us are playing in leagues that are with inactive players id thought it would a decent challenge. Kildare is the place to be :P

Considering most of us are playing in leagues that are with inactive players id thought it would a decent challenge. Kildare is the place to be :P

Well, you could put up a thread asking people to submit their team names if they want to take part. Then you could create a fixture list with those teams and sticky the post containg the table and the next fixtures (team name and manager name).

Then each week the post could be edited with the results/table and the next fixtures. It is then up to each home manager to arrange the fixtures (it has to be done home/away - person who is home is responsible for arranging fixture).

If the home manager that week doesn't arrange, then they forfeit. If they do arrange and the away manager doesn't accept then the away manager forfeits.

Might be worth a shot.

Well, you could put up a thread asking people to submit their team names if they want to take part. Then you could create a fixture list with those teams and sticky the post containg the table and the next fixtures (team name and manager name).

Then each week the post could be edited with the results/table and the next fixtures. It is then up to each home manager to arrange the fixtures (it has to be done home/away - person who is home is responsible for arranging fixture).

If the home manager that week doesn't arrange, then they forfeit. If they do arrange and the away manager doesn't accept then the away manager forfeits.

Might be worth a shot.

Sounds like a good idea but i wonder if there are enough active managers here on this site to take part. No point doing this is if there is a grand total of 6 teams you know? Unless we do a 7's style rules where we split into two groups top 2 teams qualify the others go into a bowl (unless they have come last dew to in activeness) competition.

Again, can new lads put up there teams so I can bookmark them? :)

Yes players can play for their countries (both senior and Under-20), I would imagine it improves as much as a normal match does, the international coaches are voted on, 'Priest' is the current Irish manager.

Thanks, yea I put my team name above already its Gearldine RFC

• Advertisement

Good idea; I understand we can actually have our own competition and your own little winner/runner-up cups but I think you have to run your own website...? I'm not sure, its explained on the site.

Anyway, we can do something simple like have eight teams and quarter-finals; lose one and you are out. There is at least a dozen Boards users on Blackout rugby so we should have enough.

Good idea; I understand we can actually have our own competition and your own little winner/runner-up cups but I think you have to run your own website...? I'm not sure, its explained on the site.

Anyway, we can do something simple like have eight teams and quarter-finals; lose one and you are out. There is at least a dozen Boards users on Blackout rugby so we should have enough.

Right then how about we ask Ruggie or Crash to get us a sign up sticky thread and try and sort out who wants to take part. How does that sound?

Right then how about we ask Ruggie or Crash to get us a sign up sticky thread and try and sort out who wants to take part. How does that sound?

Sounds good. ;)

Sounds good! Just noticed you are in Leixlip, I lived there from the age of 9 to 27!

Lads, if you go to 'Tools' then 'Extras' and then 'Friendly Competitions' on the Blackout Rugby site you'll notice more then a few competitions run by members through their own websites. One of them, the Balshaw Cup, is what the lads over on Planet Rugby forum play in.

Anyway, here are the instructions on Blackout Rugby regarding the start of a new competition...
    Want to start your own competition?

If you are wanting to start your own 3rd Party Competition, please read over the terms below, and if you can satisfy them, email us at support@blackoutrugby.com with ALL of the following:

* Competition title
    * Website URL
    * ID of the main administrator
    * Number of administrators required
    * Number of trophies required

3rd Party Competition Terms & Conditions

Last updated 30/07/2008

This agreement is between Blackout Rugby (represented by Jeremy Bell & Matthew Scoble) and the owner(s) of the [competition] (the "competition") which is a third party competition using the friendly features provided by Blackout Rugby to run matches between it's participants.

You Agree to These Terms by Using this Control Panel
    Your access to, and use of, this control panel (collectively referred to as the "Control Panel", is subject to the following Terms of Use and all applicable laws and regulations. By accessing and using the Control Panel, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms & Conditions, and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and Blackout Rugby are superseded with respect to this subject matter. By using the control panel set up for the competition and the resources provided, the competition's tournament becomes a sanctioned Blackout Rugby tournament.

Terms

* The competition must provide a website for their participants. This website must provide tournament structure and up-to-date fixtures and must be transparent enough for Blackout Rugby to monitor the competition's activities at all times.
    * The competition's website must use one of the provided Blackout Rugby "Sanctioned Tournament" logos on all pages of their website including the home page which must link to the Blackout Rugby home page: http://www.blackoutrugby.com.
    * The competition has permission to use any or all logos, trademarks, or other resources provided on the resources page within any part of their site, or any other media directly related to the competition such as on shirts, documents, trophies etc. These resources must not be edited without written permission from Blackout Rugby.
    * The competition must act fairly and ethically towards their participants and all other managers within Blackout Rugby. With this in mind, the competition also have the right to do whatever necessary without permission of Blackout Rugby when dealing with problems or problem managers, such as the right to refuse service to any participants or potential participants as long as it is within the bounds "fair" and "ethical", ultimately decided by Blackout Rugby.
    * The competition must provide a service which portrays Blackout Rugby positively at all times, as the competition is representing Blackout Rugby to the public.
    * Blackout Rugby reserves the right to request any changes from the competition deemed necessary to conform to this agreement; and reserves the right to remove access to Blackout Rugby from any or all competition owner(s) at any time if deemed necessary to protect Blackout Rugby's reputation.
    * The competition owner(s) are obligated to report to Blackout Rugby any site or media in which protected resources owned by Blackout Rugby are used or maybe being used without permission from Blackout Rugby.
    * (New)
    The competition owner(s) warrant that they are not aware of any patent, trade mark, copyright, registered design or other intellectual property rights held by third parties which may be infringed by the competiton. If there are any such rights or alleged rights you agree to indemnify Blackout Entertainment against all liabilities for costs, damages, obligations and claims arising from such breach by the competition of those rights or alleged rights.

Looks time consuming but something to consider if people are still playing at the end of this season.

I have a bit of a stupid question: Is the under 20 teams for players that are less than 20 or does it include 20 year olds

I'm fairly sure its only up to 19 year olds.

Oh wait, it says in the documentation it includes 20 year olds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ManoCornuta

What exactly is CSR?

Advertisement