Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What exactly is CSR?

Combined Skill Rating. Just a generic value for your player.

ajeffares wrote: »
    Oh wait, it says in the documentation it includes 20 year olds

Haven't seen any 20 year olds yet, and only a few 19 year olds. Most get pulled before they reach this late age I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ManoCornuta

Thanks Orizo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

15 minutes to kick off of my league match
    This is an important game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Apparently it's lashing rain and my lads are set to play expansive....great >_<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

"O' Callan has made his team very happy, they are leading 5-0."

Lol. C'MON LADS!

Edit 12-0!

YAY! :D

Fup sake my lads are knocking on left right and centre, god damn weather.

It's so stupid i knock on they get a scrum and kick and i win the line out and knock on repeat over and over again.

The first pass that sticks in the backline and it results in a 40 metre try.

Playing WNWIM against a human opponent...winning easy 18-0 at half-time. :cool:

Just come back from 8 points down to make the score 10-8 come on:D

Edit: 13-8 penalty scored!

Edit2: Unbelievable stuff, they got a try back to make it 13-13 then in the 81st minute (last play) we scored a try to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Was 3 points down with 5 mins to go and managed to run in 2 trys in the last 5.... thought I'd lost it!

Just to let everyone know:

Priest (the Irish NT owner) has made an offsite forum for Irish people to discuss private things. I would recomend people to join it as they give some great advice, you will find out about good irish players for sale, you can advertise a player for sale, you can register a player of yours for the NT/U20s and you can find out a lot about the Irish squad.

Link

Just request access and you will get it if you are Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Anyone up for a friendly match ?

Team name : dead hard fcukers

Thanks !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Man... I won 5-63 in the end.. :eek:

Might as well up this - Noopti and Chup, have ye signed up for the boards ie cup?

There are useful guides here for newbies.

For team selection...
    Picking your team can be a lot easier if you know what to look out for.

That said, not all positions in the game are created equal, some have more importance than others, so I will attend to those first.

NB: Key Skills are in order of importance for that player type. Forwards (numbered 1 to 8) should have at least 100kg of weight, if not more.

Number 2 - Hooker

THe hooker is one of the most important positions in the game, he throws in the lineout, and complements your front row when in a scrum. That said, if he can do these two things well, then really it's not to important to have any other skills.

Key Skills : Handling, Technique, Strength

Number 4 & 5: Locks

The locks are similar to the hooker, very important in set piece plays. They are the main guys the hooker throws to, as well as providing most of the drive in the scrum.

Key Skills : Height (at least 195cm +), Strength, Handling, Jumping

Number 9 : Scrum Half

The scrum half handles the ball at most breakdowns, thus provides the team with the platform to build attacking moves off. So a key here is that he has the skills to do so. As well the scrumhalf does a lot of pick and go's, which mean at times he acts like a 9th forward. Kicking is also important as the scrumhalf may try and kick the ball away when under pressure, no matter if he has the skills to go with it or not!

Key Skills: Attack, Handling, Kicking - less extent strength.

Other positions

Number 1 and 3 : Loosehead and Tighthead props.

Very important for the scrum, they provide the foundation so the locks can push. Great props will complement the locks in the scrum.

Key Skills : Weight, Strength, Technique

Number 6 and 7 : Breakaways

Not as important in the scrum, they provide pressure on the backline after a movement. They also attend a lot of the rucks with an opportunity to turn the ball over. Can be helpful to have height to help in the lineout.

Key Skills : Technique, Defence, strength

Number 8

This role tends to be an attacking forward, it is suppose to be a guy who can link in with the backline to attack, maybe I play the wrong guy there, as mine doesn't seem to want to be involved unless he grabs the ball of the back of the scrum to dive over for a try. Either way he still provides a similar role to the breakaways in other areas of the field.

Key Skills : Technique, Defence, strength

Number 10 : Flyhalf

Similar to the scrumhalf, he sees a lot of the ball. He provides a link to the rest of the backline, but also can be a guy who will try and bit himself. Vital that he has some kicking as well, as he is quite adapt at having a shot a field goal from time to time.

Key Skills : Attack, Handling, Agility

Number 12 and 13 : Centres

The centres really build off what the scrum and fly half have given them. They are attacking players who need to be able to break the line, and also link with there wingers. Very occasionally they also are required to kick, but it's not important to scout for it.

Key Skills : Attack, Agility, Speed

Number 11 and 14 : Wingers are there to finish off attacking moves. By the time the ball has got to them, hopefully he is racing down the touchline to put the ball over the line. Speed is critical for these players. As well good defence on wingers combined with there speed, see's them very involved when a line break is made against your team. Something to keep in mind.

Key Skills : Speed, Attack, Agility

Number 15: Fullback

A good fullback should play like a flyhalf on the field, injecting himself into the attack when possible. The reality in the match engine is that he doesn't try to do this. That said, he will field a lot of kicks in general play, and also be required to kick himself from time to time. As a fullback, he is also there to stop a play when the line has been broken against your team.

Key Skills : Defence, Handling, Kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Orizio wrote: »
    Might as well up this - Noopti and Chup, have ye signed up for the boards ie cup?

Just signed up there, was away in London for a long weekend so got little chance to check the boards/blackout rugby.

Just checked the result of our friendly fenris. Seemed like a decent game, 8 tries in all.

Looks like I have a little star of a full back on the way up, two princely performances from Samuel Moloney now in two games.

For whatever reason the full-back always gets the best ratings on the youth team.

For whatever reason the full-back always gets the best ratings on the youth team.

He isn't on the youth team though. He is my replacement full back, but I have started him for the last two friendlies.

• Advertisement

Noopti wrote: »
    Just checked the result of our friendly fenris. Seemed like a decent game, 8 tries in all.

Looks like I have a little star of a full back on the way up, two princely performances from Samuel Moloney now in two games.

Hate to break it to you Noopti, but he has 3 and a half thousand CSR, he is, ummm, ****. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is a speciality of my teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

After a mauling in my first friendly I went shopping and bagged myself some decent players -
    Samuel Caillonet
    19 years old | 15,319 CSR | 196 cm | 106 kg | France

Stamina: 8 Handling: 9
    Attack: 6 Defense: 10
    Technique: 7 Strength: 7
    Jumping: 8 Speed: 5
    Agility: 4 Kicking: 8
    Chauncey Duncalf
    17 years old | 13,556 CSR | 179 cm | 114 kg | England

Stamina: 7 Handling: 10
    Attack: 8 Defense: 8
    Jumping: 5 Speed: 2
    Agility: 5 Kicking: 5
    Montgomery Blanchflower
    24 years old | 11,582 CSR | 182 cm | 82 kg | New Zealand

Stamina: 4 Handling: 8
    Attack: 10 Defense: 4
    Technique: 6 Strength: 5
    Jumping: 3 Speed: 8
    Agility: 8 Kicking: 1
    Gregorio Tridenti
    17 years old | 7,355 CSR | 184 cm | 116 kg | Italy

Stamina: 6 Handling: 8
    Attack: 6 Defense: 7
    Technique: 6 Strength: 8
    Jumping: 4 Speed: 3
    Agility: 5 Kicking: 3

All four will definitely improve my team in key positions and I spent a relatively small amount to buy them.

Starting to get into this now!

Hate to break it to you Noopti, but he has 3 and a half thousand CSR, he is, ummm, ****. :p

Yes, he is ****e now....but......he has potential and will benefit from being in the squad environment [/Kidney]

I think I will play him against you whenever we play next, just so he can score a few tries. :P

Montgomery Blanchflower
    If ever a name strikes fear into the hearts of his opponents......

I now know I am taking Blackout far too seriously. I have just done up a training schedule document in Excel, prioritising individuals training needs and setting out a timeline for the next few weeks training. Jesus.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    After a mauling in my first friendly I went shopping and bagged myself some decent players -

Quote:
    Samuel Caillonet
    19 years old | 15,319 CSR | 196 cm | 106 kg | France

Stamina: 8 Handling: 9
    Attack: 6 Defense: 10
    Jumping: 8 Speed: 5
    Agility: 4 Kicking: 8

Hold on a second! I was trying to buy Caillonet and someone stole in and nicked him! It was you!!! :pac:

Ha ha no way! :D

Noopti wrote: »
    Yes, he is ****e now....but......he has potential and will benefit from being in the squad environment [/Kidney]

I think I will play him against you whenever we play next, just so he can score a few tries. :P

Montgomery Blanchflower
    If ever a name strikes fear into the hearts of his opponents......

I now know I am taking Blackout far too seriously. I have just done up a training schedule document in Excel, prioritising individuals training needs and setting out a timeline for the next few weeks training. Jesus.

Oh christ do, please do... :P Noopti if you were that serious you would be running two teams by now...;)

Some nice signings there Xavi.

Have a couple of players for sale, absolute bargains I must say, now who fancies a 206 cm lock?

Gary MacGarvey (For Sale)
    26 years old | 5,335 CSR (+31) | 190 cm | 85 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in average form, and perfect energy levels.
    A collected player with flawless discipline, limited leadership, and horrible experience.
    Stamina: Decent Handling: Average
    Attack: Average Defense: Non-Existent
    Technique: Limited Strength: Horrible
    Jumping: Despicable Speed: Satisfactory
    Agility: Satisfactory Kicking: Limited

Oisin O'Healy (For Sale)
    21 years old | 5,460 CSR (+26) | 206 cm | 98 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in decent form, and perfect energy levels.
    A conservative player with controlled discipline, moderate leadership, and horrible experience.
    Stamina: Despicable Handling: Average
    Attack: Average Defense: Decent
    Technique: Limited Strength: Despicable
    Jumping: Despicable Speed: Average
    Agility: Satisfactory Kicking: Satisfactory

Have a couple of players for sale, absolute bargains I must say, now who fancies a 206 cm lock?

I will give you one of your American dollars for either of them.

• Advertisement

Got a good player on the list myself if anyone's interested -

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=5346018
    Martin MacNally (For Sale)
    21 years old | 8,253 CSR | 189 cm | 90 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in decent form, and perfect energy levels.
    A conservative player with controlled discipline, admirable leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Stamina: Decent Handling: Moderate
    Attack: Reputable Defense: Average
    Technique: Moderate Strength: Non-Existent
    Jumping: Satisfactory Speed: Limited
    Agility: Average Kicking: Satisfactory

Advertisement