Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

His strength rating is a killer, despite the decent CSR rating. Handling not really good enough for a 9 either.

Still, you can almost guarantee a newbie will bid on him. ;)

Big game today, my fourth place team against the second placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I'm in 3rd place but playing away to 2nd... and am expecting a bit of a hiding lol

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Have managed to crawl up to 3rd. Playing the 6th place team today, and hoping a victory will keep them out of contention. Currently leading 5-3

Losing 22-5 at HT, despite the fact that I'm playing LTNT. Disaster. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm over the moon, won 41-19 on normal with terry Lavis (my 17 year old wing close to the US u20s) Scoring twice

Got hammered playing LTNT by 26 points. Nowhere close really, got destroyed up front, gave away more penalties and had more handling errors. There goes any (distant) chances of promotion, some easier games ahead mercifully so I might sneak second. Playing the top two at home with two of my last three games, so I should be able to get some revenge.

I managed a win today despite what I was expecting. Was playing WNWIM and won by 8 in a very low scoring match in which I only had 32% territory. Team's defence held out well.

I can't access the reports and individual stats yet. Anyone know how long does it take after the game before you can see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

8-8 draw for me in a terrible match! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

31-10 win for me away from home against 2nd place team and probably best team in my league if you go by csr so delighted with that. 5 points clear at top now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I've only been playing a small while but am wondering how do they work out who wins the game? in the tutorial section of the website they only tell u about the srcum and lineout. So anyone know how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Friendly anyone?
    'Daves Dangermen'

Suprised very few people have joined Blackout recently via ie boards.

Orizio wrote: »
    Suprised very few people have joined Blackout recently via ie boards.

Do you think there is any way we could get a subforum for blackout as we should really have about 5 threads to cover all we need to discuss.

You know where to go to ask for forum permission, problem is we need not a lot more then the dozen or so people we currently have to get it agreed to.

You know where to go to ask for forum permission, problem is we need not a lot more then the dozen or so people we currently have to get it agreed to.

I was just thinking a sub-forum off the rugby forum, not by itself. If we could get ruggiebear,des or crash behind us I can't see too much trouble. What does everyone think? especialy Orizio as you would be first offered to Mod. It would be much tidier and we wouldn't have to squeeze everything into one or two threads. We could organise the cup properly with a plate maybe. By now we must have 25-30 players with more to start playing still. There are some sub forums that are barely used at all for example GAE in soccer, so I don't think numbers would be to much of an issue. I'm more than willing to go and ask for permission if I have the support of Orizio and a rugby mod.

Focker out

oh yeah btw post number
    Thanks to everone on boards especialy rugby for being so helpful and friendly. (I decided this was the best thread to have my 500th post since I have spent the last 3 weks of my life on blackout:D) And heres to the next 500...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'll see what i can do.

RuggieBear wrote: »
    i'll see what i can do.

Could you keep us posted on how it goes?
    Thanks

When you promote a player form your YA what type of CSR should you be expecting or are their atributes more important?

When you promote a player form your YA what type of CSR should you be expecting or are their atributes more important?

Play the youth games WNWIM, and then look at the reporter's summary. Look for the players marked with the best ratings marked alongside 'Below Potential' - these are the ones you should be promoting.

Obviously, the positions you play your players and the money you invest into the academy all matter regarding attributes and CSR.

• Advertisement

YA is well worth investing in, it has produce both my locks and that scrum half I posted on the other thread that is for sale (if he doesn't sell he will be starting)

The YA is too much of a lottery really. Spent weeks investing 25,000 grand and got nothing but crap out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

The YA is too much of a lottery really. Spent weeks investing 25,000 grand and got nothing but crap out.

I agree, it is a bit of a lottery alright. You do see teams promoting their youth players and them coming out with CSRs of 15,000 +, but I these are generally teams that are right at the top, with a good few internationals also.

I though, have faith in young Liam Rabbit on my youth team. Not because he is skillful, or strong. But because he has a ridiculous name.

I've been getting great results out of my YA, they say it can take up to 8 weeks to start getting really good players when you start investing big money

League games an hour off...:)

Made some big changes to my team during the week.... up 38-0 at half time but playing against a bit so can't really tell how much of a genius I am lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Getting spanked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

I just signed up today :eek:

First game 23rd May.
    Should be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

33-10 delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I won 105-0 against last place team in my league :P

Advertisement