Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Lost 26-7, missed some great try-scoring chances as well. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I just signed up today :eek:

First game 23rd May.
    Should be a laugh.

You can organise a friendly for this Monday.

Manager/team name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Won 40 - 22 today....was only up 2 points at half time but managed another bonus point win....have a massive league game now next Saturday against the league leaders with a chance to move into 2nd place since 2nd and 3rd are also playing each other. With the boards cup quarter final to follow on the Monday its gonna be a tough few days for the Cork Hurricanes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

What would you do with this guy given his stamina rating?
    27 years old | 9,334 CSR (+31) | 191 cm | 90 kg | New Zealand
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Moderate')"]moderate[/URL] form, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('fitness','Energised')"]energised[/URL] energy levels.
    A [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Collected')"]collected[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Flawless')"]flawless[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Moderate')"]moderate[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Moderate')"]moderate[/URL] experience.
    Stamina:[URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Non-Existent')"]Non-Existent[/URL]01.gif
    Handling:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Decent')"]Decent[/URL]08.gif
    Attack:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Decent')"]Decent[/URL]08.gif
    Defense:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Satisfactory')"]Satisfactory[/URL]07.gif
    Technique:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Reputable')"]Reputable[/URL]09.gif
    Strength:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Average')"]Average[/URL]06.gif
    Jumping:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Moderate')"]Moderate[/URL]05.gif
    Speed:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Horrible')"]Horrible[/URL]03.gif
    Agility:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Non-Existent')"]Non-Existent[/URL]01.gif
    Kicking:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Horrible')"]Horrible[/URL]03.gif

Either sell him or stick him at 13. (the former considering his age and stamina)

• Advertisement

Thanks Orizio, that's what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure. Have to say I'm loving this, never having played I think it's giving me a better understanding of some elements of the game. Only downside is the real time element of the game.... I'd love a Championship Manager for rugby.

No problem Dreamer.

Anyone else sweating about and planning their last four games?

I'm second in the league by a point.... last match of the season for me will be between the current league leader and my boys. I fixed my front row today I think, my backs doing well, and I've swapped my 9 and 10 cos I had them the wrong way round and today was much better. I was playing a bot so hard to judge how much improvement I've made with the changes. Looking forward to my friendly on Monday (against league leaders) which should show me more.

How you fixed Orizio?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Another BP win today moving me into the auto-promotion in the promotion table. The training is starting to have an effect.

Anyone up for a friendly?

I'm second in the league by a point.... last match of the season for me will be between the current league leader and my boys. I fixed my front row today I think, my backs doing well, and I've swapped my 9 and 10 cos I had them the wrong way round and today was much better. I was playing a bot so hard to judge how much improvement I've made with the changes. Looking forward to my friendly on Monday (against league leaders) which should show me more.

How you fixed Orizio?

Well I'm running two teams. One that is third and probably beyond promotion but with an easier run in, so I'm hoping to have a half decent crack at the playoffs.

The other team is first but with 80% LTNT and a very difficult run in. Ideally, I want to go into both play-offs with 100% LTNT, but how I am going to do this and stay top with my second team is what is stressing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

chupacabra wrote: »
    Another BP win today moving me into the auto-promotion in the promotion table. The training is starting to have an effect.

Anyone up for a friendly?

Yeah I am.

Won 76-0 away from home so we're 8 points clear in the division and in the running for a promotion spot.

Saw this on Planet Rugby, thought it might help some people:
    Technique is not technique as you seem to understand it. Technique is a forwards' skill, mainly the art to manage turn-overs or protect your ball at the break-down, scrumaging technique and lifting in the line-out. Technique is also useful for the backs to retain possession after a tackle. But technique has nothing to do with passing (handling), side-stepping the opposition (agility) or making good use of opportunities (attack).

You want your props to be 1) heavy, 2) strong, 3) technical, 4) good in defense.

Your hooker should be 1) technical, 2) heavy, 3) good in handling, 3) strong, 4) good defender

Your second row should be 1) tall, 2) good in jumping and 3) good in handling if you want them to be efficient in the line-out and/or 1) strong, 2) heavy, 3) technical for the scrum power. Of course they should also defend well, and I like that they have good attack and a tad of speed because they love playing on the wing in BR.

Your backrow should have 1) technique, 2) defense, be tall and heavy if possible. Speed and attack help in broken play.

Scrum-half should be handling, attack, agility, speed and kicking

Fly-half kicking, handling, attack, agility, speed

Centers should also be good defenders and have nice technique

Wings should be high on speed and agility, good defense helps to close on attackers running through a gap.

Full back is 1) defense, 2) attack/speed/agilit and 4) kicking

All players should be as high as possible in stamina and defense. The more rounded they are the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

was looking trough my junior team to promote a player, in my last my full back had a rating of godly :D:D

but cant promote because hes to young :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

bossa_nova wrote: »
    was looking trough my junior team to promote a player, in my last my full back had a rating of godly :D:D

but cant promote because hes to young :pac::pac:

Don't promote a youth player just because he had one good game, the best way is to promote a player that has played well but still under potential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

ajeffares wrote: »
    Don't promote a youth player just because he had one good game, the best way is to promote a player that has played well but still under potential

I know, but still a rating of godly was a bit of a surprise :pac:, but i remember reading that if a player is above his potential, the most it drops is 4 to 6 ratings, so hopefully he can keep it up :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Massive league game for me on Saturday against the league leaders. I'm 3 points behind in 2nd, so really hoping for a BP win - will be very difficult though.

Their forwards are quite weak, I think my pack could be able to do an number on them.
    They have a few potent backs though, but I think my backline can produce tries also.

Should be a good'un

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Orizio wrote: »
    You can organise a friendly for this Monday.

Manager/team name?
    Ah I see.

Thanks for that. Will keep it in mind in future.

As it happens, Manager name is Kramer and the team is Norths

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

My Wardlow brothers score tries for fun these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

What happens if you get promoted? Do you get a financial reward?

Noopti wrote: »

You get financial rewards depending on where you finish in the league, I don't think you get anything extra for promotion. However, its the play-offs that determine where you finish and whether you get promoted.

The cash prizes are in 'Documentation' I believe.

• Advertisement

Looking for a friendly if anyone is interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Noopti wrote: »

In each league, the teams finishing the season 1st through 4th receive prize money, with teams in a higher division awarded more than those in lower divisions.

Level 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
    1 $200,000 $140,000 $90,000 $50,000
    2 $160,000 $100,000 $70,000 $40,000
    3 $120,000 $80,000 $60,000 $30,000
    4 $100,000 $60,000 $50,000 $25,000
    5 $80,000 $50,000 $35,000 $20,000
    6 $60,000 $40,000 $25,000 $15,000

50% of the prize money will be distributed to the top four positions as decided by the 14 league rounds. The remaining 50% will be distributed after the playoffs to the final top 4 positions.

corny wrote: »
    1 $200,000 $140,000 $90,000 $50,000
    2 $160,000 $100,000 $70,000 $40,000
    3 $120,000 $80,000 $60,000 $30,000
    4 $100,000 $60,000 $50,000 $25,000
    5 $80,000 $50,000 $35,000 $20,000
    6 $60,000 $40,000 $25,000 $15,000

Not a huge amount of money but I remember there was talk of increasing it but Jeremy I think it was, said that there is already enough money in the Economy.

Seems we're going through a bit of a celtic tiger:D

corny wrote: »
    50% of the prize money will be distributed to the top four positions as decided by the 14 league rounds. The remaining 50% will be distributed after the playoffs to the final top 4 positions.

Ah well I was about 50% right. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Discussion forum created here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

chupacabra wrote: »
    Looking for a friendly if anyone is interested?

Ya i'm looking for one too. Whats your team name?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Manager

Melekalikimaka
    Stadium

Old Wesley
    Region

South Dublin
    Country

Ireland Ireland
    League

#4 in IV.47

friendlies please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Looks like I'm going to follow Xavi into yet another online manager sim! My home internet connection is getting connected on Saturday so I'll sign up then.

suppafly wrote: »
    Ya i'm looking for one too. Whats your team name?

Team name is Flying whales

• Advertisement

Super, the sub forum

Advertisement