Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Hi Lads,

I am looking for a friendly on Monday if anyone is free.

Team name = dead hard fcukers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Ok got a friendly, thanks for that.

Can someone confirm that for the game this saturday, the current weather forecast is showing snow ? !!!! I cant believe it.

I hate snow at the end of May :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

jprender wrote: »
    Ok got a friendly, thanks for that.

Can someone confirm that for the game this saturday, the current weather forecast is showing snow ? !!!! I cant believe it.

I hate snow at the end of May :pac:

I wish they would just give you weather reports for the day before the match it's annoying having to change your tactics at 11 in the morning because it's apparently lashing rain in blackout land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

after todays win im now the number one seed for the playoffs in my league. time to rest some guys for next two games i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Won 60-7 season is picking up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

won 16-10 against top of my league

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Easy 44-0 win has us top of the league, having a laugh etc. Up to 16 in the promotion tables as well.

My squad is decent so gonna let the funds build up for a while before improving everything further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Won 74 - 0 yesterday. Safely in the playoffs with 2 games to go. Happy with my squad at the moment but the old balance sheet is in the red so had to get rid of a few players and will hope to get a few quid prizemoney at season end to turn the finances around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Just joined Blackout Rugby. I'd be up for a game tomorrow evening if anyone's available.
    Taemname: Dowland RFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Hi Dowland friendly requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I am now one point ahead at the top of the league. However, my last two games are against the 3rd & 4th placed teams, and the team who are just behind me play the 2nd and 3rd from bottom.

So I will need to get bonus point wins to secure top (as the 2nd place team will surely get them). It is going to be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So I've just signed up. We're the Blue Crushers in IV.46, whatever the hell that is.

So I'm going to try to select my starting 15. I'm looking at the guide in this forum. Am I missing something or do none of the players have positions they play in? Like you don't have 5 wingers and pick 2 or something? You just have 30-odd players and pick where they should play according to their stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So I've just signed up. We're the Blue Crushers in IV.46, whatever the hell that is.

So I'm going to try to select my starting 15. I'm looking at the guide in this forum. Am I missing something or do none of the players have positions they play in? Like you don't have 5 wingers and pick 2 or something? You just have 30-odd players and pick where they should play according to their stats?

Yup. Its a greater test on your rugby knowledge. However, you are given plenty of information, hopefully the following will help somewhat...

Hookers: Handling, Strength, Technique, Weight (110kg+)
    Props: Technique, Strength, Weight (120kg+)

Generally, the front row should be as fat and as small as possible. Also it should be balanced - try and keep the hooker smaller then the props and all three within 5cm of each other.

Locks: Jumping, Handling, Height (200cm+), Agility, Strength, Technique.
    Flankers/Number 8: Technique, Strength, Handling.

Obviously a lot of weight and height are useful for these positions for a good consistent set-piece. Technique is by far the most important attribute for the back-row.

Scrum/Fly-half: Handling, Kicking, Attack.
    Centres: Attack, Handling, Speed.
    Wings: Speed, Attack, Handling, Agility.
    Full-back: Jumping/Handling, Attack, Kicking.

Beyond this, defense and stamina are essential 1-15, and you also have to take into account their discipline, form and energy. ;)

I'm playing a boardsie in an important league game tomorrow, thusspakeblixa! :eek:

Take it easy on me. :(

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm playing a boardsie in an important league game tomorrow, thusspakeblixa! :eek:

Take it easy on me. :(
    :eek:
    This is my first game!

:eek:
    This is my first game!

:eek: Jesus look at your squad! Its incredible!

There goes my promotion hopes. :(

Orizio wrote: »
    :eek: Jesus look at your squad! Its incredible!

There goes my promotion hopes. :(
    :cool: Damn I got lucky with this squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is there any handy way to like get an overview of your squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I don't think so Nkay, it's one of the places this game could be better - though in fairness you kinda get used to flicking over and back.

How's everyeon set for the oenultimate match of the season? With two match to go I'm six points clear. I'm away today against 5th in the table so fingers crossed my results continue to come in. Not enough points for automatic promotion and unlikely to get enough form my last two matchs to get over that line.

C'mon Munster Mark II!

I'm going to play my last game WNWIM regardless of position, so I can go into the play-offs as fresh as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

If I win today Orzio that's exactly what I'll be doing.... I don't wanna gamble and do that for the last 2 matches and then not make it lol

Stop giving away penalties! :mad:

Intercept try. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Our win today guarantees us the league, but if we managed the bonus point today we would have been above the playoff line in the auto-promotion, so close yet so far.

Bugger. My "amazing" squad lost 28-11 to Orizio.
    Ah well. We need time to gel. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sealed auto promotion and the league title with a win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

How much of your original squad remains out of curiosity?

Congrats Xavi and Chup.

I noticed about 9 ie boards teams in the Promotion Tables, great work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Won 43 - 5 today and secured at least 4th place. Now focus turns to the Boards.ie Cup Final on Monday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Won 65-0 today and secured a playoff place. I've no chance against the top 2 in my league for promotion so job done:)

Advertisement