Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Secured the league today with a very lucky 17-16 win away from home. Penalty with 2 mins to go meant I stole it form the better team on the day. Gonna play WNWIM next Saturday and keep my fingers crosssed for the play off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

How much of your original squad remains out of curiosity?

In the first XV I think I have about 8 of the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

ok so its the last game of the season.

I am currently in 5th. I play the league leaders in my last game.
    I need to beat them and get bonus to get into playoffs.
    They have already qualified in first place, so I imagine they will try to reserve some energy for the playoffs.

They played LTNT in the last two games so they already must be knackered.

Should I play this at normal intensity and hope my team can do it ?
    Or should I play at LTNT to make sure of the win ?

If I win, I play the same team again in the semis. Tough decision !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Good luck to everyone tomorrow in their final game of the season. Im just out of the promotion spot on points difference at the moment so ill be throwing everything at my opposition to try and secure that try bonus point and cross my fingers that everyone above me in the auto promotion loses and loses badly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I expect to lose both games today, but it won't matter. Should be a 1st and 3rd respectively, and then play-offs next Thursday/Friday. :cool:

• Advertisement

Beating the team right above me, and the team I will play in the first play-off, 15-7, playing WNWIM at home. Winning easy in the other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Looking like a easy win for me would like the BP though.

2 bonus point wins playing WNWIM. ;)

ok so made the playoffs by the skin of my teeth.

Decided to take a gamble and play normally.

I beat the league leaders 18-16, scoring a try and conversion with 3 mins to go !! I obviously didnt get a bonus point but in the end I didnt need it as the team in 4th only drew !

So I have 100% LTNT going into the playoffs, here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

sorry i havn't been on in a while.
    Holidays make it tough (achill Island):D
    Ill try to get more done over the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

BP win today. Made the auto promotion by the skin of my arse. But at a cost as im going into the league playoffs with a 50% effectiveness on LTNT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

chupacabra wrote: »
    BP win today. Made the auto promotion by the skin of my arse. But at a cost as im going into the league playoffs with a 50% effectiveness on LTNT

So what's the difference of auto promotion and the play-offs?

I finished first and was in the top half of the auto-promotion, so does that mean I'm promoted now regardless of what happens in the play-offs? And what's the point of the play-offs then?

Also, are the semi-final play-off and the final of the play-offs at home for me because I'm first? I'm not worried about my semi opponent, and the final oppenent may be tough, but if it's at home, I would be quite confident of victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

My understanding of it is if your in an auto-promotion position you will go up if you win the play off. but if your below the line and win play-off you have to have another play-off with the team that was relegated from league above.

winning the league just means your number one seed and get to play home games in play off.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Just signed up there - Bomber Blues, decided to start in Fiji! Tried picking my team, probably did a terrible job! Have a Semi Final match on th 19th as my first match. Should I organise a friendly before then or is it too close?

BillyBoy wrote: »
    Just signed up there - Bomber Blues, decided to start in Fiji! Tried picking my team, probably did a terrible job! Have a Semi Final match on th 19th as my first match. Should I organise a friendly before then or is it too close?

If you organise a friendly you will have it Monday week, if you play it WNWIM intensity it won't have any effect on the following game. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Orizio wrote: »
    If you organise a friendly you will have it Monday week, if you play it WNWIM intensity it won't have any effect on the following game. ;)

Cheers Orizio, looking forward to playing this game. Played Hattrick a fair bit during college so looking forward to a rugby based one.

Anyone interested in a friendly?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Just set up a team for the craic...

"Curly Sue Death Squad" be the name. Arr. Friendlies welcome, just have to figure out how it all works.
    Quality array of names that's for sure, they all sound foine and Oirish.

Good game Dave! :)

What the hell is the story with the new tweaks that they have made for injuries ??

I just had 4 of my players carted off the pitch in a friendly against those savages called the Cork Hurricanes ;)

Is there a "dirty" tactic being used now aswell ??

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I think its to ensure teams have a decent bench and not just low CSR players to make up the numbers.Most of the injuries are just for the game or maybe a few days. I'm hoping there are very few long-term one's.

• Advertisement

Ares wrote: »
    I think its to ensure teams have a decent bench and not just low CSR players to make up the numbers.

Yeah they were my tactics alright. All my extra players are useless.

I had a total salary bill of only about 75k before the new season.

Ah balls...this is the last thing I need. Just about have a respectable team and I'm trying to get money to buy some top class players, I DEFINITELY don't have the resources to have any decent replacements! :o

71 nil in the first cup game, thats almost a point a minute!

However, I wanted to sub on some people during the game. How do I do this?

Someone else was talking about this on another thread. I never sit and watch matches, tonight was the first time I happened to be on at the same time as a match was being played. But as far as Im aware, you can't but open to correction.

Congrats on the win by the way, that's a massive score. Got 57 - 0 myself! :D

By the way, does anyone know what the deal is? My LTNT rating seems stuck on 95%, wont go to 100%?? Anyone know why? (have been playing normal)

Individual training taking its toll perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Won 104-0 in the cup last night, Hopefully a sign of things to come!

Was unlucky not to make the playoffs last season.

71 nil in the first cup game, thats almost a point a minute!

However, I wanted to sub on some people during the game. How do I do this?

You can't.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Someone else was talking about this on another thread. I never sit and watch matches, tonight was the first time I happened to be on at the same time as a match was being played. But as far as Im aware, you can't but open to correction.

Congrats on the win by the way, that's a massive score. Got 57 - 0 myself! :D

By the way, does anyone know what the deal is? My LTNT rating seems stuck on 95%, wont go to 100%?? Anyone know why? (have been playing normal)

I assume it can't go beyond 100% - hence play normal intensity during your next friendly and it should go to 100%.

I won 71-0 btw. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Club:
    Templeogue Seniors

Stadium:
    Logue Pitches

Region:
    South dublin

Ireland

League:
    #2 in V.64

Quick question, whats the story with finances? I just bought a training facility and coach. I started out with 200,000. do I get money every league game from bums on seats?

• Advertisement

You get income from home matches, membership and sponsorship fees as well as interest.

However, you then pay expenses, salaries, wages, investements in the youth academy etc.

Advertisement