Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.P.G boiler problem

Options
  • 24-03-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Is it recommended to try and service/repair a lpg boiler myself or would i have to get a plumber in to service it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Unless you know what you're doing (and I assume the reason for the post is you're not sure) then I would strongly recommend getting a qualified service engineer (not a plumber). If you try DIY without the knowledge then at best you use a lot of LPG for little return and at worst you damage the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

it would not be a good idea in my opinion to attempt this yourself as this would probably just cause more damage to your boiler. I would reccomend you hire a plumber to have a look at it.
    Here is a number for a good plumber who recently carried out some small jobs for me. 0872338001, his name is gary. Good luck with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Please do NOT attempt to repair/service a gas appliance of any kind yourself!

It should be carried out by a Registered Gas Installer (RGI)
    http://www.bordgais.ie/networks/index.jsp?1nID=102&pID=117&nID=144

From 26th June 2009 it will be ILLEGAL for a non registered gas installer to work on any gas appliance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 glenjack

Thanks for the advice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I got charged 100 Euro last year for a service, considering the consequences of a faulty service = fire &/ explosion why would you attempt it yourself?

I use a company here in Cork City for the last 5 years for servicing my boiler and couldn't reccomend them highly emough. PM if there number is any use to you

• Advertisement
Advertisement