Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphics card dead - lack of use

Options
  • 24-03-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

HI

I bought a fairly good graphics card about 1.5 years ago. I used it for about 8 months gaming a bit and then went travelling for about 10 months. I left my tower in storage for this time. After I returned from travelling I powered up my tower and found this graphics card would not work. I have an older card spare and tested with this in the tower and all worked fine. So the problem was the newer graphics card.

Do and should gfx cards just stop working? Could it be dust or something else? The card was working perfectly before I left for 10 months. The card hasn't had that much use since purchased. The rest of the computer works fine.

hertz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nope leaving electronics alone shouldn't effect them in any way negativity unless they rely on batteries.

Advertisement