Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendations

• 24-03-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭

just looking for a new mobile
    My current phone is a C905 which is a superb phone but im getting bored of it so any other 5-8mp phones I should be looking at

heres what i want
    no touch screens,not a fan tbh
    great for texting
    5-8mp camera
    big enough screen

i was looking at the samsung innov8 but im unsure,anyone have it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Headshot wrote: »

heres what i want
    no touch screens,not a fan tbh
    great for texting
    5-8mp camera
    big enough screen

i was looking at the samsung innov8 but im unsure,anyone have it ?

Going on your spec, a N95 would work for you.

I dont have much respect for samsung phones tbh, i have found them extremely buggy. The n95 does nearly everything on it just a few slight differences. The camera 5 instead of 8. The n95 doesn't come 16gb but will take a 16gb card if you need one that big. Screen is 2.8" on the 8gb same as the samsung, but 2.6" on the first edition n95. You will also save a few quid going for the n95. Thats my view on it,, you prob know someone with an n95 that you could play with to see if you like, if you haven't done so already.

If you prefer, have a look at the n96 its an n95 essentially just looks different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks for the advice davy but i had a n95 before,great phone but i wont be going back to it.my first choice would be a 8mp phone but most of them are touch screen.

You did say 5-8MP :p

Did you look at the N86. Its the latest nokia announcement, was only announced about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Its very similar to the n95/n96 but it has a 8MP camera as you require :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I really don't like the buttons below the screen on that.

@Headshot - What's the deal with the c905? I've just bought one (should be here soon :)) and I'm a little worried seeing as you have gotten bored of such a new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

More importantly, who stole the punctuation marks in your user ID ?

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    You did say 5-8MP :p

Did you look at the N86. Its the latest nokia announcement, was only announced about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Its very similar to the n95/n96 but it has a 8MP camera as you require :D

ya that n86 looks the business but you know how over priced nokia phones are when get released
    ill be expecting a price of 500 euro :rolleyes:
    long_b wrote: »
    More importantly, who stole the punctuation marks in your user ID ?

I am a Subscriber my friend(changed nickname)
    boards is worth every penny

lads whens the release date of the Nokia N86 ?

lads whens the release date of the Nokia N86 ?

3-4 months,,,,, can you wait that long? :)

Davy wrote: »
    3-4 months,,,,, can you wait that long? :)

Thanks davy .ill probly wait. Im just happy its not a touch screen

Ye it does look like a good buy imo. Also i forgot to mention its meant to be coming in white and black.

nokia-n86-pl.jpg

• Advertisement

I do like the seperated buttons

sorry for digging up this thread again but I may have changed my mind about touch screen phones

why you ask :)

i was playing around with a Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and i do love the way you can write on screen what you want to txt

does any 8mp touch screen phone do this ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

sorry for digging up this thread again but I may have changed my mind about touch screen phones

why you ask :)

i was playing around with a Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and i do love the way you can write on screen what you want to txt

does any 8mp touch screen phone do this ??

The Samsung Pixon does.

Advertisement