Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only Fools And Horses - Complete Series 1 - 7 Box Set €36.70 delivered*New Offer*

• 24-03-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

182028m.jpg@ Amazon.co.uk €36.70delivered

This has been posted before, €87 on BA back in 2005 :D, and i posted it before at €43 but the closest price at the mo is €50 on amazon.

EDIT: New Lower Price *link updated* snooze you lose

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

€87.49 now. Must have been a misprice. Off to amazon let ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I ordered this last night when it was 38.99... Is there much possibility of Play honouring this?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I hope so. It wasn't a crazy price like a misprice so hopefully they will honour it. Check your account and see whats the status with it. It is in stock, and usually dispatched with 24 hours.

It says packing. But I'm not sure whether that is just teh generic thing that they put on all accounts awaiting approval. Hopefully not.

Thats not the norm, they will cancel the order going by previous misprices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

If it says packing then maybe you got lucky. Maybe that was the correct price last night.

Usually misprices are cancelled.

I edited this, its now on offer at amazon for cheaper than play.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Great deal, but one thing to note on the region 2 version. It is edited on some seasons. The R1 version is not edited.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Great deal, but one thing to note on the region 2 version. It is edited on some seasons. The R1 version is not edited.

Really? edited? WTF? Sure it's original air time was about 7pm? What could be edited from it?

Great price mind you, if I didn't have TV sets hanging out of ears I'd have to buy it.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Really? edited? WTF? Sure it's original air time was about 7pm? What could be edited from it?

I'm not sure of the full details, but I think it is something to do with copyright on the music score on some episodes, Leading to some scenes with certain music be edited out!

Edit,
    Found the website with the details... See here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks this is the best price I've seen for this. Just a quick bit of info. There is another complete Fools and Horses box set cheapest is about £80. I think the main difference between this set and the £80 one is it includes the Christmas Specials. Although you can get those separately anyway. The other complaint about the 2 box sets are the cuts. Just looking at the list, they don't seem that important to me.

Fools and Horses
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Fools_and_Horses

The Cuts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Only_Fools_And_Horses_DVD_cuts

Complete Fools and Horses box set
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000IZK52K/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Thanks for the info on the cuts. Read the reviews on amazon and some say they ruined the series. Anyone on here have any views on the box set.

clickhere wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on the cuts. Read the reviews on amazon and some say they ruined the series. Anyone on here have any views on the box set.

Bought it months ago cant complain about it. Its not really something you once notice imo till its pointed out.

Unfortunately the US R1 version is the only way to go for this.
    See these reviews on Amazon UK

I ordered this initially from play for 38 euro and they have honoured it! It has been posted which is great... except that I didn't realise about those edits when I ordered it.

Which sucks because some of those edits look really bad and some important stuff is missing. So I may return it to Play.

Such a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

The so called complete set is also edited.

Yoshytoshy is right, the US version is also edited, although to a much lesser extend that the UK one.
    It's possible that the only way to get the unedited ones is to buy them as individual series.

Yoshytoshy is right, the US version is also edited, although to a much lesser extend that the UK one.
    It's possible that the only way to get the unedited ones is to buy them as individual series.

I think they are only available on vhs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This is now €32.49@Play

Advertisement