Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite theme tune

Options
  • 24-03-2009 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Imo TNG has the best, its epic, as if when before you watch the programme, its saying to you, this is the best sci fi show ever. TOS is cheesy but cool, DS9 is stately yet boring, Voy is even more stately and completely dull and Ent...

Which has the best theme tune? 46 votes

TOS
    0% 0 votes
    TNG
    19% 9 votes
    DS9
    34% 16 votes
    Voy
    28% 13 votes
    Ent its beeerrrnn aaa llluuuaaarrrrnnggg thhaaaaayyymmmmeee yeeeaarrrhh
    17% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

.... who voted enterprise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I like the theme for ENT, the song is suitable for what it is. "The epic first real reach out into space and the faith and daring that took." ahem:rolleyes:;)

But DS9 gets my vote, I love that long low drum role at the very start. The revised version is better than the version from the first 2-3 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I voted TOS..only cause the theme from Wrath Of Kahn wasn't there..best Star Trek music EVER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hehe, Ent is doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    I voted TOS..only cause the theme from Wrath Of Kahn wasn't there..best Star Trek music EVER!!

Same here. Real, epic, sweeping music, which they thankfully recycled often in the movies. Thus I vote "TOS"

Really. ENT theme is doing well. :confused:
    Are they talking about the original (which had it's own charms) or the jazzed up mess they used later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

My fave is the VOY theme. it's epic and majestic.
    Loved the Enterprise theme.
    Took a little while to get used to DS9.
    TOS is okay, not great.

I'm surprised so many voted for TNG considdering it didn't have it's own theme, just worked in the theme from TMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I voted for Voyager, loved the title sequence too!!

(I used to sing-a-long with the Ent theme tune LOL)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Ha, I love the "singing bit" in the poll....

DS9 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

Has to be DS9 - subdued but dignified.
    Soft spot for the TOS theme - if there was a vote for the movie theme I'd be sorely tempted to vote for that instead. It's very similar, in places, to the TNG theme (well technically the TNG is similar to it).

Quite fond of the ENT theme. <blush>

As for Voyager, little known fact that there's a theme "song" that goes with the openig music. Words start just after the solar flare and the "Voyager" title.

Go to sleep now
    Why don't you go to sleep now?
    Just go to sleep
    Just go to Sleep
    Go to sleep.....right now

Go to sleep now

etc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

[QUOTE=Niska;60126426

Go to sleep now
    Just go to sleep
    Just go to Sleep
    Go to sleep.....right now

Go to sleep now

etc
    [/QUOTE]

LOL, it even tries to warn you not to watch it:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol at last option. TNG for me, I enjoy them all. Even Enterprises is good becuase of the imagery with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

My favourite is the theme from Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan (James Horner), which was reprised in Star Trek III (but alas not The Voyage Home). I always thought it would have been a good theme for DS9 or Voyager, but it was not to be.

Also followed swiftly by Theme from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Jerry Goldsmith), which is of course also the TNG theme, and the honourable mention to the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine theme (Dennis McCarthy) - but only the original arrangement, not the sped up version used from Season 4 onwards.

As to Alexander Courage's original Theme from Star Trek, the fanfare is possibly the most recognised piece of Star Trek music of all. Unfortunately the main melody is a product of its time and is very-60s (and that lyric-less voice sounds kinda cheesey nowadays). Good arrangement at the end of the new movie though.

Advertisement