Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Shirt (Ugh)

• 24-03-2009 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently this is it -

new-england-shirt-umbro-2009.jpg

Absolutely revolting, a glorified polo shirt. Wonder if Ireland will be getting anything along this line for the next change of gear. I'd say it'd look magic with a big orange Eircom logo plastered across the front :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

It looks like some kind of cricket shirt.

JT looks really uncomfortable in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

UMBRO OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Theres potential for a photoshop in that, between JTs obvious uncomfort and David James... weird look on his face.

Terrible strip though, enough with the retro ****, we want retro we'll ****in buy retro jeresys, FFS. Nike, Kappa or Adidas for me plz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

How did David james manage to play with his gameboy with such huge hands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I think I speak for everyone when I say LMFAO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Lets hope they don't bring Paddy Caps and Rugby type shirts out for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

that has to be pshopped surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

An abomination. My MP is already on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

They're obviously trying to (as the Umbro sales rep would put it) "evoke the spirit of 1966".
    And failing. It looks terrible, I really hope Ireland don't get that style of jersey. Also EL clubs tend to get Umbro national team designs about 2 years early. Please please let Umbro go bust and be swallowed up by someone decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

that can't be real can it? it looks horrendus....basically as posted before is a glorified polo shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Oh dear lord is this a joke....the thought of forking out 60 quid for an irish jersey like that is laughable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

JT looks overweight in it and is clearly sucking in his gut.

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That's the other thing. It doesn't look very 'lager friendly'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

embarrassing.

david james' attempt at seducing the customer with his eyes doesn't help matters....

"you know you want it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Did John Terrys mam really have to tuck it in so tightly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

V9 wrote: »
    Theres potential for a photoshop in that, between JTs obvious uncomfort and David James... weird look on his face.

Terrible strip though, enough with the retro ****, we want retro we'll ****in buy retro jeresys, FFS. Nike, Kappa or Adidas for me plz.

Please can somebody shop this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

so im the only one that likes it then

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

I feel a bit sorry for "fat frank" but i actually dont think its that bad and really in general the england national jersey is never that nice home or away imo!! no real surprise with this latest one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

JT looks really uncomfortable in it.
    That's nothing to do with the new shirt and everything to do with the location of DJ's right hand!
    event wrote: »
    No, I actually quite like it too, but more so as a top and not a jersey.

I'd actually get one if they released an Irish one but only if it didn't have the Eircom Logo plastered over the front of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

event wrote: »

nope i think its nice too.

but i dont really like modern football jerseys at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like it too.

gwan England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I got a load of marketing blurb from Umbro yesterday about the new kit. There are a lot of references in it to St Georges cross and the gold Star, neither of which appear on the picture Xavi posted.

I would be surprised if that is the shirt tbh.

It does look like that is what JT is wearing though.

http://thefanews.com/rp/12/process.clsp?EmailId=37745&Token=20F4DCBB1452739328C292B0B024BE06C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

absolutely horrible, sorry lads its just not hard enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,135 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's something definitely wrong with that photo - JT looks like he's posing beside a cardboard cutout of David James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

loyatemu wrote: »
    there's something definitely wrong with that photo - JT looks like he's posing beside a cardboard cutout of David James

I was going to post the same thing. It looks like a waxwork model of Terry standing in front of a cardboard cutout of James. And wtf is the deal with James' hand, it looks bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

They're obviously trying to (as the Umbro sales rep would put it) "evoke the spirit of 1966".
    And failing. It looks terrible, I really hope Ireland don't get that style of jersey. Also EL clubs tend to get Umbro national team designs about 2 years early. Please please let Umbro go bust and be swallowed up by someone decent.

By Who? Someone like Nike for example? Happened 2 years ago.... ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7057577.stm

I think Umbro make decent kits... Never too flashy and keep them quite traditional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My beer belly is gonna look great in that white one!

Jesus, thats rotten.

James looks like he just got out of The Joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't like it. Looks like John Terry's about to do the Daz doorstep challenge.

I think Ireland's jerseys have been pretty muck the last couple of years though, especially that V-shaped one from Kerr's reign. The last one I liked was the one worn at the 2002 World Cup. Of course things would be a lot better without that ugly Eircom logo.

• Advertisement

I think Ireland's jerseys have been pretty muck the last couple of years though, especially that V-shaped one from Kerr's reign. The last one I liked was the one worn at the 2002 World Cup. Of course things would be a lot better without that ugly Eircom logo.

Yeah I would LOVE if they went back to adidas....although with the recession they'd most likely pick O' Neills, oh well at least they both have 3 stripes on the sleeve :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

even with the eircom log it would still be ok :P

jersey.jpgFotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

Brilliant!.....altogether now, UMBRO OUT!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mayordenis wrote: »
    even with the eircom log it would still be ok :PFotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    Now "that" I'd buy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

jersey.jpg]

That's a deadly jersey :eek: would love Ireland to go back to adidas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

jersey.jpg

I'd defo buy that :cool:

As for that new England jersey, please tell me it is merely a prototype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Who gives a flying f**k what their jersey look like? They have a crap jersey. Laugh at them not whine about it. Just like Shamrock Rovers. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

to be fair on Umbro they made some great looking jerseys back in the day (to this day the United 3rd kit from 94/95 is my favourite), tis a pity they kinda lost their way in the last decade or so. Can understand why they'd want to go back to the grand old days when nobody hated them but still, they've really messed up. Listen to some of the interviews with the designers, they're all Artschool flops with ideas of grandeur and no concept of what people actually like these days. tis a shame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think it's nice

Doesn't look like a football jersey though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    Def buy that still prefer if it had our old crest tho never understood why they changed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

I like this one too, except that I've always hated the modern Adidas logo.

My dislike of the scaldy FAI logo goes without saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

p1368298p275w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The new FAI logo is absolutely atrocious and is the only reason why I havent bought the last couple of shirts. How the hell did they come to pick that ! Its in no way acceptable looking and not one person whom I know likes it. As I said they have lost themselves about €140 from myself just because of it. Wonder how many others havent bought it because of it. These small amounts add up at the end of the day. Its not as if they sell bucket loads of shirts in the first place. As regards the England one why the hell are we even discussing it ? Its not as if any of us are going to be buying it now is it :rolleyes: Typical of us Irish to bitch and moan. Sure its what we are best at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

redout wrote: »
    The new FAI logo is absolutely atrocious and is the only reason why I havent bought the last couple of shirts. How the hell did they come to pick that ! Its in no way acceptable looking and not one person whom I know likes it. As I said they have lost themselves about €140 from myself just because of it. Wonder how many others havent bought it because of it.
    No where near the amount of people that didn't buy it cos of the Eircom logo.

Eircom, FAI and Umbro now that my friends is a losing combination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I have no problems with Umbro. Try wearing an O'Neills jersey. They give you a rash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I thought that the contract between FAI and Eircom is over? Or was I hearing things again.

creggy wrote: »
    I thought that the contract between FAI and Eircom is over? Or was I hearing things again.

Eircom League contract not the national one :/

Eircom League contract not the national one :/

Aww feck, I wish one of the fake football jerseys sites started selling the Ireland with the eircom logo...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Am I the only one that can't see the jersey in the original post?

No, you're not. It was removed from the original site (www.footballshirtculture.com) because Umbro got pissy about their top secret jersey been leaked.

It will be offically released tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement