Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Far Cry 2 WTF!!!

• 24-03-2009 4:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I havent played it since xmas untill a few weeks ago.
    All was fine.. I had 58% of it done and then I went to load it and the XBOX kept freezing every time..
    I had another save file at 42% and that was OK.
    But earlier on tonight I went to load it again and it froze..
    tried it loads of times and it keeps freezing every time I try to load it
    ! I had 68% of it done like!!! and it wont load again!! is it the game that is at fault or what??
    I dont have any problems with any othere games.. purchased the 360 last November.. seriously pi**n me off.. took me long enough to get that far the first time, and the second time!! not doing it again!! any1 else have this problem or is it just me??? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Wouldn't be able to help you tbh though I do commend you for getting that far. I got mine before Christmas and only played it for the first time the other night, horrible game. Went and traded it in for Resi 5.

Can you not play back up to the 58%? Could just be a corrupt save file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Brimmy wrote: »
    Wouldn't be able to help you tbh though I do commend you for getting that far. I got mine before Christmas and only played it for the first time the other night, horrible game. Went and traded it in for Resi 5.

Can you not play back up to the 58%? Could just be a corrupt save file.

Lost my saved game twice with FC2, it's a fairly common problem with the game.

Without a doubt the most irritating, frustrating game I've played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

A freezing xbox can be a sign of RROD coming you're way. Thats what happened mine. Games freeze and machine does not respond. Has to be rebooted. If it happens on other games beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

djkeogh wrote: »
    A freezing xbox can be a sign of RROD coming you're way. Thats what happened mine. Games freeze and machine does not respond. Has to be rebooted. If it happens on other games beware.

You can discount this methinks. I have exactly the same problem - Have a sav game at 58% which works, anything I save after that doesn't... It seems to be a widespread problem caused by the developers rushing it out... Damn pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

dude, far cry 2 has so many problems, and they haven't bothered with a patch yet and its not just xbox its across all platforms. random freezing happens all the time, and this wonderful thing happend to me:

doing a mission where you have to steal a truck and bring it to a garage and blow stuff up,fairly simple and quite a ways into the game. well i got the truck went to the garage, and whatver way i parked it when the door shut it started floating, and you cant leave the building. and it autosaved. other save file was ages behind, lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

monster1 wrote: »
    I havent played it since xmas untill a few weeks ago.
    All was fine.. I had 58% of it done and then I went to load it and the XBOX kept freezing every time..
    I had another save file at 42% and that was OK.
    ! I had 68% of it done like!!! and it wont load again!! is it the game that is at fault or what??
    I dont have any problems with any othere games.. purchased the 360 last November.. seriously pi**n me off.. took me long enough to get that far the first time, and the second time!! not doing it again!! any1 else have this problem or is it just me??? thanks.

FC2 happens to be my favourite game currently, although it has some serious problems. Thankfully, Ubisoft are upgrading their leader boards this weekend in preparation for releasing a string of patches and a title update across all platforms over the coming days.

This will solve the corrupt save problem and also introduce a wide range of new features on the multiplayer, including a hardcore mode, on player matches the host can set how many diamonds you start off with, all weapons will be rebalanced and many more tweeks.

After six months, FC2 looks to finally become everything it was meant to be with this update.

I know exactly how frustrating the corrupt save and other issues are. I've been pulling my hair out in frustration ever since it's release, six months ago... at least your going to have it resolved within days of posting this... what were the chances of that!!! eek.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

FC2 happens to be my favourite game currently, although it has some serious problems. Thankfully, Ubisoft are upgrading their leader boards this weekend in preparation for releasing a string of patches and a title update across all platforms over the coming days.

This will solve the corrupt save problem and also introduce a wide range of new features on the multiplayer, including a hardcore mode, on player matches the host can set how many diamonds you start off with, all weapons will be rebalanced and many more tweeks.

After six months, FC2 looks to finally become everything it was meant to be with this update.

I know exactly how frustrating the corrupt save and other issues are. I've been pulling my hair out in frustration ever since it's release, six months ago... at least your going to have it resolved within days of posting this... what were the chances of that!!! eek.gif

Serious?

I've been putting off playing this since Christmas in the hope that an update would come, but I never really believed it would! Very good news indeed as from the first few missions it seemed very promising! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

stev2604 wrote: »
    Serious?

I've been putting off playing this since Christmas in the hope that an update would come, but I never really believed it would! Very good news indeed as from the first few missions it seemed very promising! :D

The multiplayer is what makes it so special. Custom made maps are fantastic. There are hundreds, if not thousands of custom maps now. The effort and detail that have gone into some of them is outstanding. One round you could be on the set of Lord Of The Rings taking out snipers in Helm's Deep, the next round fighting for your life on the streets from BlackHawk Down, the choice is endless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

monster1 wrote: »

I'm having the exact same problem, i'm on 68% completion too! weird, really annoying too....my only other save is at 32%, i'm not going back to that one, too much work had been done in the meantime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

where would be the best place to trade this in?
    and how much will i get?
    would i be able to trade it for Resident Evil 5?

• Advertisement
Advertisement