Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - bills

Options
  • 24-03-2009 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

Provided all my bills (NTL, Eircom, ESB) are paid and I need to move, are there consequences arising from leaving the place before residing for a full year?

I know some providers have a minimum one year contract, but will I have to keep paying bills even if I have moved out? It seems strange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ESB won't matter, you aren't on a contract.

No idea about eircom.

When I moved, NTL insisted on transfering my services to my new address (as opposed to closing the account and setting up a new one, which ESB/Gas will do).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Eircom is a one year contract as well. Are you buying or renting, as you can transfer that to the new premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'll be moving to a rented (sharing) property which will likely have NTL/Eircom already

Advertisement