Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

daffodil fields?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Not that I know of. There is a strip of all different types of them in the Botanics which was nice when I was there last Sunday but nothing on the scale of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I passed a (what looks like) daffodil farm on Sunday at Gormanstown. It's just off the M1 on the way to Drogheda, take the exit for Drogheda South (I think). It's the exit that has the City North Hotel, you should see it when you come down the hill just a few miles after Balbriggan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I passed a (what looks like) daffodil farm on Sunday at Gormanstown. It's just off the M1 on the way to Drogheda, take the exit for Drogheda South (I think). It's the exit that has the City North Hotel, you should see it when you come down the hill just a few miles after Balbriggan

Yes there is one there. Take exit 7 of the M1 northbound. Just before the Applegreen garage on the left is the daffodil field.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Yeah seen loads of workers out picking them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Yeah, saw them on Saturday.
    You would have to be quick though, they were disappearing fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Forget about the daffodil fields, is there anywhere around I can get a shot like that in picture 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

This is the closest I can get.

http://photographedublin.blogspot.com/2009/03/daffodil-field.html#links

There are quite a few old estates around the country where daffodils are naturalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Not near Dublin but in Stonyford, Co. Kilkenny there's a few

daffodilfield_20090315_032-Edit.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    Not near Dublin but in Stonyford, Co. Kilkenny there's a few

daffodilfield_20090315_032-Edit.jpg

Thats really gorgeous. I'm heading up to KK on Friday, I must keep an eye out for this place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Forget about the daffodil fields, is there anywhere around I can get a shot like that in picture 13?

I know them girls, they pick daffodils in Rush:) I see them every morning as I drive by, I wish:P
    There are a good few Daffodil fields in North Dublin. Rush Bulb farm are huge growers. They have a massive field in Rogerstown which is in Rush. As you approach Rush from Lusk go about half mile past Railway station and take right turn at bottom of hill onto Spout Rd. Go to the end of this road and turn right you will see the fields about 500 yds down on your right hand side. There is also plenty of wildlife and a few cute daffodil pickers:cool:
    Be careful in the fields.If you go when the tide is just turning you will see plenty of birds,(with feathers) feeding on the estuary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement