Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does smart do normal DSL?

Options
  • 24-03-2009 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭

I seem to remember someone here saying before that smart can offer ordinary DSL services if the exchange hadn't been upgraded to LLU, but when I put my number into the line checker all I get is "Not available Ennis exchange"

Did I imagine that or is the website just misleading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't believe Smart do anything other than LLU in the DSL market. I've never heard of them offering bitstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

A long time ago, not any more.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Akrasia wrote: »
    I seem to remember someone here saying before that smart can offer ordinary DSL services if the exchange hadn't been upgraded to LLU, but when I put my number into the line checker all I get is "Not available Ennis exchange"

Did I imagine that or is the website just misleading?

Magnet, which are an LLU provider, offer bitstreem where we cannot provide LLU.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Rorser wrote: »
    Magnet, which are an LLU provider, offer bitstreem where we cannot provide LLU.

cool, thanks, I was worrying for a while that I was going to have to choose between eircom, bt and feckin perlico..

Advertisement