Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Leixlip

Options
  • 24-03-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Not looking to get a landline in. Had NTL for the tv but they didn't do BB in the area. Using an o2 wireless dongle thing and it's soooo slow. Is there anything else out there that is fast and cheap enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You could try digiweb, or one of the wireless dish crowds. Depends on where in Leixlip you're trying to get it though, i lived in Ryevale for awhile and couldn't get anything but the o2 wireless without a landline. My brother lives down the road though and he got Icebroadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Heard bad things about icebroadband, their contention is very high and they are quite expensive as well. I would love to be able to play xbox live but all i can do for now is browse the internet :(

I suppose my mind is kind of set at the moment that I dont want to enter any contracts as the future is unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Thats the problem man, there's fcuk all good wireless providers. Especially for something like xbox live, you really need to have a wired solution.

Saying that, there is people posting on the xbox forum who claim to have gotten xbox live working with those wireless dongles. Doubt its great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

ya if it takes me 20seconds to load up a webpage than hardly worth gaming on it. Ah well. Out of contract in 4 months or so, i think best thing to do is ride it out until i find a good one and that way im not in contract and can quit straight away.

Advertisement