Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you love about yourself *Positive ONLY*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭carrieb

Great thread.
    Tough though...

1. I'm a very good friend, would do anything for my friends. I'm also a good daughter & sister. (and he hasn't made it easy!)
    2. I am VERY punctual, I hate ppl who are always late and even though I'm the only person I know who's always early I like it, it's respect for other people.
    4. I have a thirst for knowledge. I want to know things! A friend calls me Miss Google!
    5. I am not afraid to try something new. (I moved to Italy on my own 6 mths ago because I always wanted to live here!)

6. My body (it's not amazing but not bad either and I'm petite, get to wear most things)
    7. Tiny feet!
    8. I have an ass.

9. I read a lot & I think that's a good thing.

10. I am really working on becoming stronger emotionally and have noticed an increase in my self esteem this last year. No longer a door mat!

11. I think I'm quite funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

nipplenuts wrote: »
    I love my world-beating humility.

I love the pride that the ladies of boards have in themsleves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I love that I have the "Hands of a God", in more than one way, because I am both Musically talented guitar, I give the best massage of everyone my female friends know(Well those that I have given a Massage to.), I have made Girlfriends "See Stars" allegedly when using my hands. I am really happy about my hands, and they are awesome and big. I have perfectly sculpted hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

1. I love my ability to not take a bad day out on other people :).

2. I love my arms and legs because they are skinny and flexible yet shapely:).

3. I love my ability to flirt and get attention without having to be in your face or trampy;).

4. I love the fact I'm a happy morning person but a night owl too:cool:.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I wouldn't be the best at this either.

I suppose:

1. I am a good friend, don't have many, but those I do I value highly.
    2. I tend to be very precise and organised.
    3. I love learning.
    4. I like that I can cope with adversity/challenges almost all of the time.
    5. Most of all, I like me, and who I am, I'm not perfect, but I'm happy being me, and happy working on improving me :).

Body stuff and the rest is just genes imo, I've been lucky there (not criticising those who are happy bodywise) it's just something I've taken as given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Great thread :D
    I love:

My eyes - I love the shape and colour, sometimes green, grey or blueish.

My fingernails are really nicely manicured and I used to bite them until a couple of years ago so am always filing and painting them

Being brilliant at Guitar Hero and those dance games, and I have an impressive Rock & Metal music collection

Knowing that I'm a sensitive, honest, kind hearted, moral person

My utmost faith in people despite it all and just trying to help people in anyway I can (I'm an inner city primary school teacher - I love it)

My sense of humour is witty, animated and dark

My drama training had taught me to be silly, childlike, brave, crazy and confident in myself

I'm really artistic and creative, I see beauty all around me

My love of animals and nature to the point that I cry at cartoon films like Totoro and Nausicaa

I can put on accents and sing a bit too

My boobs are huge and look amazing in a bikini

At the moment I love my hair - it's dyed red and cut really cool

I'm proud of things I've done like teaching in an African orphanage, volunteering for charities, animal rights campaigning etc

I cook a delicious rare steak and make goood pancakes

*I'll shut up now...* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Oh I really need this right now:

1: my sense of humor
    2: my eyes
    3: my lips
    4: I can draw/sculpt
    5: My ability to co-make beasutiful kids
    6: My voice
    7: My facial hair
    8: I've very good at what I do
    9: I'm great in the sack
    10: I can make people feel good about themselves
    11: Despite being made redundant for the second time my spirit cant be broken

I'll stop there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

awwww this isssssss sooooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!

*clap* *cheer* wooooo

right now i just feel american :P

(ment sincerly. not smartly) (worked ina summer camp in america last year with a whole load of clapping and cheering) (was also pretending to be ten like my sister)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

The next poster who makes any kind of smart remark in this thread will be banned for a week.

You know who im looking at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Great thread OP,Im actually sitting here with a big grin on my face.You made my day.Thanks.:)

1.My eyes+eye lashes.I have been told on countless occasions (mostly by women) that they would kill for them.
    2.The fact Im great with kids.They seem to love me for some reason.
    3.The fact that I am as adept working in an office as working on a farm.
    4.The fact that Im not embarrassed to cry(within reason of course ;) )
    4.My arms/shoulders.
    5.My quick wittedness/razor sharp sarcasm.I have reduced many a person to a quivering wreck in insult contests.
    6.That at almost 30 years of age,and despite being out of work and single at the moment,Im pretty damn happy.
    7.I love the fact that when a friend needs advice,that the vast majority of the time they will come to me.
    8.I give grrrrreat hugs.
    9.I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of horror movies.
    10.Im very,very perceptive.Generally my first impression of someone is spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

nedtheshed wrote: »
    8.I give grrrrreat hugs.

Me too I love hugs :) Ya can never refuse a good hug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i love the way my body shakes likes some who's freezing when buzzing with adrenalin....
    I love my resilient nature.
    I love the way, I get serous when i have to.
    I love the my ability to learn....
    I love my self for who I am.
    I love my life and experience's
    I love waking up and feeling good about my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I love my mouth -- my teeth, my smile, my lips, even my laugh.

I love my hands -- they look just like my mom's did, and her mother before her.

I love the conversations that I have with myself and knowing that sometimes, I'm the only one who I need to speak to.

I love my ability to sit around all day and not feel guilty that I haven't done a d*mn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i love that i'm passionate about the work that i love, i love that i can be there for my friends whenever they need me. i love that i don't care what other people think. i love that i can plan things and my boyfriend can't stop me. hehe:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

after Lots of thought, i've come to accept my graying hair.

I Love my scars, Each one tells a diffrent story of courageousness (or stupidity)

I Love the fact i'm great, and Should get both parachutes, Just incase the first one doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

urrgh, man, when i was in counselling and crap when i was younger, i used to always have to do these things and they made me absolutely squirm. urrgh. older and wiser now, and generally a lot more comfortable in my own skin... let's see if i can pick out some stuff i like about myself ('love' could be taking things a bit far...)...

alright, i like my open-mindedness/non-judgementalist attitude, ive met so many interesting people i wouldnt have met otherwise, and it was a big part of getting my current job (which i love, and apparently am quite good at :) ).

emmm... my relaxed attitude and everything about how i feel when im surfing.

i love, and hate, how i think on different wavelengths to most other people. depends on the circumstance, the people and if i voiced my thoughts out loud. :pac:

my boobs. and actually, since ive been watching my diet a bit more and surfing heaps more, my body is starting to get onto my good side a bit...

emm... my usually positive outlook... something i am working on though.

good work ethic, and im in the process of discovering a work/life balance too. which is nice :)

aaaaaaand ive run out of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Inspired from DeFranco
    I love that I go to work in a tshirt and shorts and change people's lives, it's a fairly special thing
    Probably g'em will only get the above!

I love my job, my six pack, my smile, my loyalty and my ability to show empathy easily.
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

As I don't have the highest self esteem I can pretty much just list what others like about me!

1) Very thoughtful
    2) Funny
    3) Nice bum
    4) long legs
    5) Natural blonde (although I think red or black would have been nice too)
    5) Smart
    6) Kind/Compassionate
    7) punctual ( ok running out of stuff here!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Confidence
    Determination

Ability to change my phyisque/training and achieve results with it (sounds way more dramatic than it is)

I'll throw in the obligatory being a national record holder too :p (though I fully expect it to be beaten soon)

Loyalty (to a close few people)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There are only a few things I love about myself, I find it hard to relate to that word sometimes. But there are a good few things I really like about myself, so I'll categorise them that way.
    I love:
    My hair. And my beard. as far as I'm concerned they're awesome!

I like:
    Being intelligent. At least I think I am.
    Thinking in ways that are a little different to most people. It makes a difference in school.
    Being able to play music, and write stories. I like being creative. In fact I borderline love it!
    That some girls seem to find me attractive, :o even if I still don't quite see it myself.
    Being a little taller and little broader than average, although I'm working on being even broader. I think it gives me presence, and confidence, and it makes it easier to enjoy concerts!
    That I try to see the good in people, even if it leads to disappointment sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

1. My pale skin( wih my dark hair it looks kinda cool)
    2. My boobs
    3. that im a good listener
    4> that i have come to except not everyone has to like me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

1) My Confidence, determination & work ethic
    2) Ability to make people look and feel good
    3) My smile, teeth and lips
    4) I think I have an attractive face
    5) My bright blue eyes
    6) I have lovely natural white tip finger nails
    7) Not many people like feet but I think mine are nice
    8) I think I am a good listener. I am loyal & thoughtful
    9) Love my job (Professional Makeup artist & Mum to 2 beautiful boys)
    10) I am great at organising family occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I love that I can turn my hand to anything I try, and end up being better than average at it (except ironing and regularly attending the gym).
    I love the fact that I do not punish everyone around me when I'm having a bad day. I love that I am not moody and unpleasant to be around.
    I love that I finally realised that it is not wrong to make waves by fighting for something that is important for you, and that always turning the other cheek is sometimes not the right thing to do.
    I love that I understand that there are things I still need to work on.
    I love that while I love my body now, further change in it neither obsesses me nor frightens me.
    I love that my menstrual cycle has never tortured me, and therefore never defined me.
    I love being smarter than the average bear, and yet still I manage to do incredibly stupid things sometimes, but I love that too (as long as they're rectifiable).
    I love being able to write.
    I love being able to cook.
    I love being able to paint and draw and generally be creative.

And I love that when I sat down to answer this thread, it didn't take me 40 minutes of soul-scouring to come up with the above. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

This is a wonderful thread. It's far too easy to pick out the things we/I hate about ourselves/myself.

I love my red hair and pale skin.
    I love that since I've started college I'm a whole new person. I'm done with being the quiet one everyone shouts over, can ignore easily. I've been doing some epic evaluating recently. It's great.
    I love that I can be there for my friends. I'm not great at advice, but I'll listen and try my best to help them.
    I love my passion for music and fashion.
    I love my big hands.
    I'm a real good kisser :pac:
    I love that I did eight RAD ballet exams, never a fail, one distinction!
    I love that I can make fantastic cupcake. No really, they're great!
    I love my dodgy, misaligned left knee that looks funny in black tights.
    I love that I can walk in heals...properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Is it ok if I add things as I think of them? :)

I like my skin, its very very fair, and I think it makes me look unique :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I love my hands
    I love that I always give everyone a second chance
    I love that I am honest.
    I love my freckle on my iris - very unique a brown spot on blue eyes
    I love my sense of humour and maryjaneisms (apparently they are priceless)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I just love how my life is at the moment.

I is very very happy with my lot;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I love being able to bake things
    I do not love the effect that has on my hips though.

I like my curly hair, I think it adds to the butter-wouldn't-melt look I'm trying to perfect

Ooh I love my memory, having a good memory is great for exams. Unfortunately my memory for names or what to buy in the shop isn't so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Reading this thread has made me realise that even though I kept many diaries over the years, not once (well that I can remember) did I write down what I like about myself. So this is a little weird but here goes:

1. I like the fact that I'm intelligent. I found it more of a hindrance when I was younger (cause I got made fun of for being a swot) but I'm really thankful for it now.
    2. I like that I can hold my own in debates/conversations, often with people a lot older and wiser than myself. :pac:
    3. I'm proud of how well I do academically. I got a scholarship for college because of Leaving Cert results.
    4. I like it that I will stand up for people when I think they're being treated unfairly.
    5. I like that I'm generally, well, nice. I've been told that I'm approachable and a good listener.
    6. I like my creative side (writing, etc).
    7. I like that I've proven time and time again that just because somebody is quiet it doesn't mean they don't have anything to say or that their opinion is less valid than anyone else's.;)
    8. I think I'm fairly open-minded and try my best to judge everyone based on their actions, rather than looks.
    9. Lastly, I like the fact that I've overcome a lot of my fears and insecurities, and am now a fairly happy bunny.

Jeez, I didn't even know I felt that good about myself til I wrote that down! Great thread OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I Love the fact i'm great, and Should get both parachutes, Just incase the first one doesnt work

That was my uncle! :D His one claim to (small-scale) fame :D

Anyways, back on topic;

I like my hands, long but slim.

I like my hair. After years of frizz I can now tame it to smooth sleeky lovelyness in a matter of minutes. \o/ I also like the colour of it, hairdressers often ask me is it really my natural colour.

I'm quite patient, which helps both personally and professionally. I don't mind doing hours of research for a holiday/car for me or anyone else or even just to find that one song that's been bugging me for ages. It helps in work because I deal with a range of customers on a daily basis. I don't care how long it takes me I will never let someone walk out of the shop confused or not understanding something.

Ive been told I'm very approachable and quite charming. I can make (most of) my customers smile, even the sour ones :P

I'm generous and hate to dissect dinner bills with friends. I'll happily give half my lunch to a co-worker if they forget theirs or give them money to get something.

I work hard and I hate lumping work on others.

Phew :o It's hard writing these!

Advertisement