Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provider Advice

Options
  • 24-03-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I'm sure this has been trashed out to death here but I'm lookin for advice for a mate of mine.

Having gone through all the available products they've worked out, due to their circumstances, the only options available to them are Irish Broadband Ripwave and Digiweb Metro.

They had O2 Mobile broadband but that turned out to be a nightmare for them, plus they want to be able to use their wireless router so mobile broadband had been ruled out.

I know neither service is fabulous but do you guys have any opinions on which is the lesser of two evils? They are based in Dublin 22.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Metro is actually about as good as you'll get. Quality wise, it's every bit as good (reliable, fast, pings, etc) as DSL or Cable.

Ripwave is not broadband, on par with O2 mobile (though possibly slower).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

jor el wrote: »
    Metro is actually about as good as you'll get. Quality wise, it's every bit as good (reliable, fast, pings, etc) as DSL or Cable.
    To be fair though that can be the case but it also can be very poor from afternoons onwards until 2am due to contention speaking from past (thank f**k) experience.
    Try and find out what mast your friend would be on and ask the Digiweb boardies here what there service is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

Ok, just been informed they can throw Eircom into the mix.

There's some issue with ntl: which they didn't go into.

Advertisement