Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.gardens4you.ie ?? Anyone use

Options
  • 24-03-2009 11:30am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    Anyone use these lads here? www.gardens4you.ie

I am looking for bare root hedging, I know I am at the late side but it was work reasons I couldnt afford to buy until now.

Prices seem reasonable to me, I am wondering about quality though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Probably too late? Temps are rising, and availability of good stock is probably scarce.

Risk of failure would be med-high now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Probably too late? Temps are rising, and availability of good stock is probably scarce.

Risk of failure would be med-high now.

Do you think is it? Even with good ground and some moss peat put in with it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I would completly agree with Sonnenbluman. Much safer to buy pot grown plants/shrubs now or leave it until next november onwards for the bare rooted plants.

If you are buying a hedge try nurseries they usually do hedging at fairly reasonable prices when you buying a large amount..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ok folks thanks.

I have spoken to 2 nurseries and both said I should be ok until April for bareroot but then again they are pushing for a sale arent they.
    I have the guts of 200 hedge plants to put down so I can't risk feckin it up!! :)

I might just get 20 or 30 potted plants for the main area I want to camoflage and at least they will be down 7 months so will get an inch or so :)

Sick of the neighbours looking in our window

Advertisement