Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports in Kilcock/Maynooth/Leixlip

Options
  • 24-03-2009 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Looking to do sports/activities in the evenings......
    Interested in Step Aerobics, Basketball, Rugby, GAA, Swimming Clubs.... Anything really...
    Does anyone know of any classes/clubs looking for members?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Leixlip amenities have step aerobic classes (the bird goes the odd night), twice a week as far as i know. They also have a gym and football teams.

Confey and Leixlip both have female (i'm assuming you are, because of the step class..) GAA teams. I'd imagine they're always looking for players.

Not sure about womens rugby but you could ring and ask Barnhall Rugby Club. (its located beside hewlett packard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Maynooth GAA have ladies football and camogie teams. There's North Kildare Rugby and Cricket club in Maynooth too. It's on the Kilcock Road from Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

St.Marys GAA Leixlip would be the best option!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 smurf05

Thanks for all that. I rang the Leixlip Centre and they only do the Step Aerobics on a Tuesday evening.... The only day I can't go! I looked into Leixlip GAA and they are both top of the league and championship and I am not good enough for them... I only started playing a year ago plus the season has already started, they have been training since the end of Jan. Looks like I am too late :(. Hopefully I will be able to find a basketball team or another place that does Aerobics!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

What about athletics.

Celbridge Ac have a new senior club and they take all abilities of runners. They train Tues and Thurs, but you can only go on Thurs if tuesday didnt suit!!

www.celbridgeac.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

hey smurf, ever tried your hand (no pun intended) at kickboxing? I started itabout 4weks ago.
    It's on in the Amentities centre and its a fiver a go. It's on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
    Its a great workout and great fun. There's a big class with lots of beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Bootcamp is starting in Maynooth Post Primary school next week (Monday & Wednesday). I've never been but I'm tempted to sign up - just afraid that I might be too unfit.

http://www.bodyfitbootcamp.ie/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

The glen royal do classes whether its water aerobics or just normal workouts in the gym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 smurf05

Thanks again for all the responses.... I just finished box fit on a Wednesday night in Leixlip and was not too impressed with it, went to gym a few times instead as felt i got a better workout there.
    I am joined the glenroyal and do step aerobics on a Monday but thats the only evening they have it on. I like the look of the bootcamp. Think I might do that... If a gruop of 5 sign up the 5th pesron is free reducing the price for everyone :)

Advertisement