Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband with phone only

Options
  • 24-03-2009 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Anyone got this package ? I rang UPC yesterday and got through to the most uninsterested person in sales ever, seriously I thought they'd be pushing me there and then to sign up but the guy couldn't have been less interested in speaking to me if he tried, he was probably still hungover from the weekend.

Anyway, currently have BTs 1mb and phone line with free landline local, national and UK calls which costs about €48 or so. I struggled to see if I could get something similar from UPC, i.e. don't want any of their t.v. packages as I have Sky. From what little I could gather it costs an additional €6 per month if you don't take a t.v. package so for 10mb, phone and free local and national calls come to around €52.

I can't see anything on their site that excludes t.v., anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Jip wrote: »
    Anyone got this package ? I rang UPC yesterday and got through to the most uninsterested person in sales ever, seriously I thought they'd be pushing me there and then to sign up but the guy couldn't have been less interested in speaking to me if he tried, he was probably still hungover from the weekend.

Anyway, currently have BTs 1mb and phone line with free landline local, national and UK calls which costs about €48 or so. I struggled to see if I could get something similar from UPC, i.e. don't want any of their t.v. packages as I have Sky. From what little I could gather it costs an additional €6 per month if you don't take a t.v. package so for 10mb, phone and free local and national calls come to around €52.

I can't see anything on their site that excludes t.v., anyone ?

From the upc site
    Monthly broadband cost is €6 extra when not connecting to TV.
    Broadband Basic is only available when ordered with our Phone Service. The monthly cost for both services is €24.

So you can get 1mb plus there phone service for 30 euro a month or you can get 10mb for 38 euro a month and add a phone package from 5 euro a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yip, spotted it myself a while ago. There's actually a Made to Order menu where you can select what you want or don't want that I didn't spot yesterday.

Advertisement