Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony NWZX1060B X Series 32GB Walkman MP3 Player

• 24-03-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Looks like a serious piece of kit!!!!!I found play.com are offering 50 pound off already the 32gb version on pre-orders for it, due in the end of next month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Click the Euro flag up in the top right hand corner for a nice surprise ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

The specs suggest that most video formats top out at 320x240 max playable res. Yet the screen is a 16:9 432x240. Kind of daft if true, especially given that one of the selling features (alongside the noiseless) will be the OLED screen.

Not much point having a great screen if it won't play videos at least at native.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm looking forward to playing with it at least :) Not sure what they'll do with the video aspect of it....but they most be doing something that's causing the release date to be so far away from when they announced it....fingers crossed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

Well I got this player last week from Dabs and I am loving it so far.

Its a really really excellent PMP, the device itself is perfectly sized to fit easily into palm of your hand with buttons for volume & play/pause, ffwd, rewind all in the ideal positions.
    The sound quality is superb, one of the best on the market of any PMP available, the included headphones are way way above the type usually provided with iPods.

The OLED screen is great, very bright and clear, excellent viewing angles and no ghosting or backlight bleeding.
    The touch screen is great also, very light touch required to operate it, I've had no navigation issues with it so far.

The music playing interface is good, album, artist, decade, genre, etc.. selection of songs with scrolling either through album art or by alphabet on top of screen where you can press "K" for all K titles albums or "P" for all "P" titles artists.
    While in music playing mode, you can scroll up and down through albums and select your next song.

Web browser is functional and nothing more, only suited to WAP sites. Its the same NetFront browser from PSP but more accessible due to touch screen.

Integrated Youtube app is great, keyword search or top videos from day, week, etc available along with preview picture just like regular website.

Lastly is the built-in Noise Cancellation feature which is simply brilliant.
    I've used it on the train & bus and it works great cutting out all low frequency noise (sensitivity can be adjusted while in use)
    It also has a pass through NC mode where for example if you are on a plane and using the headphone socket to listen to films, you can connect the X-Series walkman in-line with the plane headphone socket and get NC from the plane source.

Good:
    OLED screen
    Touch interface
    Video viewing with PSP style custom chapters
    MP3, AAC, WAV sound quality
    Noise Cancellation modes.
    No Sony software needed to transfer music, drag & drop used.

Bad:
    Limited Web Browser
    More music playing options needed like on-fly playlists & play songs by same artist.

All-in-all a very very good device that can be improved with further FW updates.

Advertisement