Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Work Pre College Snack

• 24-03-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I finish working at five and am in college from 6-10. I don't have time to get anything decent before class so have been resorting to crisps or a chocolate bar. Can anyone recommend something more nutritious, filling and energy giving to keep me going for those few hours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Might I add that apples tend to make me feel more hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

mmm nuts, smoothie, banana, dried fruit, yogurt, carrot sticks, a sambo (less calories than crisps and chocolate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

WindSock wrote: »
    I finish working at five and am in college from 6-10. I don't have time to get anything decent before class so have been resorting to crisps or a chocolate bar. Can anyone recommend something more nutritious, filling and energy giving to keep me going for those few hours?

Do you do this everyday? If so, that's quite a gruelling schedule!

I would recommend bringing in a packed lunch - but then again, you probably wouldn't have time to prepare it the night before if you're only finishing at 10pm. Other recommendations would be: A sandwich or wrap which you can take away and eat on the way; yoghurt; or even buy a take away sandwich in the college shop/ canteen and eat it during your lecture. I would seriously doubt your lecturer would mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Might I add that apples tend to make me feel more hungry.

You're not the only one, I always get hungry after eating an apple. So what I do is combine the fruit with a protein like a piece of cheese or a few nuts and it helps a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Seems to me that some sandwiches are the best way to go, I used to work an hour after college and that's what tided me over.

• Advertisement

Problem solved! The other day I grabbed a wrap in a shop and ate 1/2 before class. Then saved the other half for when I got home. Success! Previously I had been eating the crap food then getting home and eating a full dinner. Needless to say I gained a few tonnes. Hopefully this is the best way for me. And no it's only 2 nights per week, thank christ.

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to with apples. Why is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to with apples. Why is it?

most fruits on their own make me hungry :mad:

unless it's a big dirty banana

• Registered Users Posts: 29 oirishman

Buy a tub of Protein Powder in a health shop or gym.
    a big tub is about €30/40 but will last you ages.
    also buy a shaker bottle to mix it.
    Take 1 scoop of powder with some skimmed milk,and mix in a handfull of oatmeal(porridge).shake it all up and knock it back.
    also buy a bag of Brazil nuts in Tesco and eat 5 of them.
    This is a complete meal of Protein/Carbs and Fat.
    a great start to the day.

Advertisement