Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoping three modem making a dial up connection

• 24-03-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

IS there anyway to stop three modem making a dial up connection in the connections?

EG, When im not using three or have the modem plugged in I keep getting a dial up box appear on the desktop asking me to dial the connection. I keep deleting it in the options-connections of windows internet explorer but it keeps coming back.

Its getting annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Because it must be set to auto connect. 3G/HSDPA/Mobile is NOT "always on" broadband. You may have many applications that silently connect to the Internet. They will all cause the dialler to be invoked. You need to change the settings/properties in it, not "delete" it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

When i delete it everything still works fine, it also sets itself to auto dial. When I use the main three dial up all is fine, just this windows dial up conection is a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

snaps wrote: »
    When i delete it everything still works fine, it also sets itself to auto dial. When I use the main three dial up all is fine, just this windows dial up conection is a pain.
    Never Dial a Connection - This way, you can choose when to connect:

Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Connections

never-dial.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

works fine when the laptop is on, after a reboot it just resets its self and creates another dial up connection and changes itself back to always dial the default connection.

Advertisement