Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 - free international texts?

• 24-03-2009 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Heard from a friend that O2 has 300 free international (to any numba in da world) webtexts every month.:eek:
    Is that true?

If yes, I would switch immediately :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

ЯR wrote: »
    Heard from a friend that O2 has 300 free international (to any numba in da world) webtexts every month.:eek:
    Is that true?

If yes, I would switch immediately :cool:

Used to be true but they changed to allow only webtexts to Irish numbers 3 or 4 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

As far as I was aware, you could still send international webtext from the O2 website. If international webtext is no longer available, then O2 should definitely change their FAQs.
    O2 wrote:
    Q. What features can I get with webtext?

A. You can Send 250 free webtext a month to any mobile - national or international. Send webtext up to 1,000 characters, Save sent webtexts, Send your webtext in any language to any country. You can set up delivery status in your "Sent Webtext" folder. Webtext uses our new Synch Address Book. Synchronize your contacts on your mobile phone(s) with your 'Synch Address Book' on o2.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Still is true. Except its 250 webtexts. Other operators offer 300 texts but not international. Switch away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ЯR

Davy wrote: »
    Still is true. Except its 250 webtexts. Other operators offer 300 texts but not international. Switch away
    what call plan is it? or any as soon as it is on pay as you go?

what call plan is it? or any as soon as it is on pay as you go?

Any o2 customers gets them free on registering. Get your self a free sim card,, or go instore and port to o2 to keep your number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

250 it is and they allow a full range of character sets be used ЯR. If only the website would stay up more it would be good service.

What's the limit on number of characters in one text?

What's the limit on number of characters in one text?

You can send 1000 characters at one time, but that would count as 7 texts. 160 per text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Used to be true but they changed to allow only webtexts to Irish numbers 3 or 4 years ago.

No they didn't
    Davy wrote: »
    You can send 1000 characters at one time, but that would count as 7 texts. 160 per text.

It's actually not 160 per text. This is how it works:

Up to 160 chars is 1 text
    Up to 306 chars is 2 texts
    Then it goes up in blocks of 153, eg 459 is 3 texts, 612 is 4 texts etc.

Simple :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

o2 are getting very competive recently. Have to say fair play to them, new price plans are a lot better and fairer.

• Advertisement

And is it 250 magnificent text every month or once off?
    Thanks to everyone. That was probably the last Q on the topic!

Its 250 every month! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

and if you get the programs in my sig you can use them on your computer without the hassle of logging into the site and on your phone for about 2c per text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

250 texts EVERY month.

Free SIM here www.freesims.ie

Advertisement