Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to dye a dress

Options
  • 24-03-2009 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I just wondering, i have a dress and i want to dye it, where would i buy dye in galway, or is there anywhere i could bring it in galway??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

You can buy Dye in Hickeys upstairs in Corbett Court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Ryans homestore or hickeys - also couple of pharmacys that sell dye.
    MAke sure the fabric will take the dye. If it has been pre dyed with a mordent than it may not - or the colour chosen might react with any previous dye and wont get shade intended.

You can buy cold water dyes and imo need at least 2 of these to get a decent shade. They can be slightly insipid.
    Machine dyes rock - but you will need to run at least one wash post dying to ensure no residue!

Read instructions on packet before you bye.
    Good dye :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭moomoo2007

Cheers guys ill take a wee look!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭thecountessp

Matt O'Flaherty's on Shop St has some dyes down the back, (Hickey's can sometimes run out of the colour you're looking for, or only have one when you need two).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Bear in mind that if there is any visible stitching on the dress,either seams or decoration,that it won't dye and will just remain the colour that it is.(Eg if you dye a white dress black any stitching on the black dress will stay white).Different colour stitching can look quite cool on some clothes but it can ruin others depending on the colour clash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement