Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a fire back

Options
  • 24-03-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hey. Has anybody a rough ballpark idea for how much to add a fireback to a house. I just took out the broken gas fire, and now have the option to put a fireplace with fireback in or get an instert solid fuel burner. The insert is my preferred option, but that could be close to 1,500 to 2K, where as Im pressuming a fireback, fireplace and hearth would be alot cheaper

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Hi oxygen,
    Ballpark figures fireback E50 hearth E200-250 fireplace surround whatever you want E200-5000. Inserts stoves small ones that fit againest the fireback can be got for E550 supply only and are easy to fit if your handy diy. The bigger ones are more expensive but give more haet due to larger firebox as no fireback is used but installation is a little trickier.
    For the record (4 kw) insert stove E550 -E700 (5kw) E950 (7-8 kw) from E950-1300-1600
    We usually charge around E100 to supply and fit a fireback if installation is straighforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

If its just a fire back it will be tiny money. Fireback on its own can be anywhere from 40 euro. Get an 18 inch. More efficient than 16 or 20, 22 etc.

Very easy to fit. I've fitted 3 in the last couple of years and all are perfect.

Ps some stores are doing a special on stanley stoves. Only 399 euro. They were Gings of portlaoise and Ganleys of Athlone. 5 year full warrenty. I'm not on commission ha ha I just shop around!

Advertisement