Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland -v- Bulgaria (WCQ) Group 8- 28/3/09 MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

and where can we watch the irish game?? those streams just went down on me!! not as enjoyable as it sounds actualy...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Great move by Bulgaria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Really should have equalised there, very poor shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We are barely hanging on here.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this is getting quite frustrating. it's like we don't want to keep the ball, it's a question of just getting it forward at every opportunity. if it gets to kilbane or mcshane it's hoofed. whether this is because they have no confidence in andrews and whelan I don't know. but to me it almost seems as though we've been instructed to get it forward at every opportunity. we don't seem to want to play a composed game.

RTÉ 2 stream was perfect for me in Real Player until about 23mins and then went down.

Is the RTÉ.ie live stream working for people within Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SlickRic wrote: »
    this is getting quite frustrating. it's like we don't want to keep the ball, it's a question of just getting it forward at every opportunity. if it gets to kilbane or mcshane it's hoofed. whether this is because they have no confidence in andrews and whelan I don't know. but to me it almost seems as though we've been instructed to get it forward at every opportunity. we don't seem to want to play a composed game.

It's very much Big Jack style just without the super talented team to win the ball back and do something in the final third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

mormank wrote: »
    and where can we watch the irish game?? those streams just went down on me!! not as enjoyable as it sounds actualy...:rolleyes:

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch3.html

Just give it a minute it will load eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

juvenal wrote: »
    RTÉ 2 stream was perfect for me in Real Player until about 23mins and then went down.

Is the RTÉ.ie live stream working for people within Ireland?
    Windows media stream is fine.

It's very much Big Jack style just without the super talented team to win the ball back and do something in the final third.

definitely. and just like the Big Jack era, we're probably selling ourselves a little short deploying this kind of play all the time (not that i'd ever really knock that era of course :)). i mean whelan and andrews are capable of decent football, they've had a couple of decent interplays when we've got it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

We're so crap when we get an early goal...

Kevin Kilbane is absolutely shocking as a left back imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We are not looking too good at the moment, 1-0 is a very slight lead, it is time to put our foot on the ball a bit and try to control the game instead of going all Stephen Hunt on it..

Lucky there, Angulov actually did have his angles off.

Won't be surprised if the Bulgarians equalise before halftime.

Won't be surprised if the Bulgarians equalise before halftime.

It'll be absolutely great going to get in at 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

McShane is a joke, how Trap can't even see his crapness is beyond me. Kilbane and Hunt also having shockers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Dunphy must be getting the knives ready to lay into Whelan and Andrews at half-time.

McShane is a joke, how Trap can't even see his crapness is beyond me. Kilbane and Hunt also having shockers.

McShane is not really under pressure from too many other top class right backs to be fair..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

yeah but at least some of the others may be able to pass the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Get ready for Andy Reid is god rant no.78 at half time

• Advertisement

Just give it a minute it will load eventually

thanks a million. but that has frozen on me three times now...anybody got anything else???

Maybe not top class but what about Foley? Atleast he is playing regularly.

Trapp didnt look to happy there talking to chippy walking off.

Halftime: Ireland 1 Bulgaria 0

Very fortunate to be going in ahead, Bulgaria are technically a better side, and have had at least one chance that they should've converted.

Need more organisation, and a bit more usage of the grey matter to get out of this match with a win. Some of the decision making and basic errors have been apalling from Ireland. Happy to be leading, but can't see a win here without a big improvement in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Why do I torture myself with these streams. They'd break your heart.

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Maybe not top class but what about Foley? Atleast he is playing regularly.

Haven't seen him play, but it wouldn't take much to convince me that he's better than McShane...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We have to do something in the second half-its a real worry to think of us going to Sofia, Nicosia or Italy and simply absorbing pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Andrews beyond abysmal - I never knew he had the power to make himself invisible. Whelan at least managed to touch the ball on occasion even if he didnt actually do anything of notw with it. McGeady needs to be told to hug the touch line and try and get some width. Hunt for all his technical failings has been one of the better performers in the my opinion. McShane at RB hasnt filled me with confidence and Kilbane at LB is performing at a similar level. Keane and Doyle doing ok especially given the level of service from midfield has been zero. Dunne and O'Shea and Given all doing well

Fortunate to be one nil up really considering we created nothing whatsoever in the attacking sense. Bulgaria have had any of the better chances and have to be considered unlucky to be behind.

What about getting Gibson on? Atleast he could keep the ball and try to get us composed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

DS wrote: »
    Why do I torture myself with these streams. They'd break your heart.

The streams are shocking tonight, i suspect the servers for the streams are overloaded with traffic......too many games on....one of those days.

• Advertisement

Gibson would be a better option than Andrews I would have thought after that first half...

daithijjj wrote: »
    The streams are shocking tonight, i suspect the servers for the streams are overloaded with traffic......too many games on....one of those days.

i dont know why i do it to myself either!! after stayin up til 6.45 in the morning just to watch this on my trusty laptop only to not be able to watch it anyway...jeez!!!!! any stream i wonder???

anybody who questions my support of my national soccer team also can come do what im doing and see if they bother the next time...

"official attendance of 60,002, thank you for showing support to the FAI and FIFA".

no mention of the team.

LMFAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I'm resorting to Betfair to console myself. $5 on the visitors at 20/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

"official attendance of 60,002, thank you for showing support to the FAI and FIFA".

no mention of the team.

LMFAO.

Yup Sniggertastic

andrews continues to have an absolute shocker.

i like the gibson idea, he's got to have more talent and composure than him, as well as whelan for that matter. he's been better but still can't pass the ball at the standard necessary for and international central midfielder.

This one has been solid for at least half an hour:

andrews continues to have an absolute shocker.

i like the gibson idea, he's got to have more talent and composure than him, as well as whelan for that matter. he's been better but still can't pass the ball at the standard necessary for and international central midfielder.

Gibson was woeful when he played before Xmas.

Professional foul there, automatic yellow.

• Advertisement

Ohhh good chance there

Pressure on them now.

redout wrote: »
    Gibson was woeful when he played before Xmas.

true, but that was 3 months ago. and he's had a Carling Cup run since. plus, again, you can't get worse than the composure and distribution being provided in midfield at the moment.

The ref seems to have no understanding of headers whatsoever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Professional foul there, automatic yellow.

Was that the tackle on McGeady? Defo a card, a joke he didn't get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

the bulgarians are getting frustrated. could we be rescued by a sending off??

ziggy wrote: »
    At least he's consistent.

Atmosphere sounds decent, or perhaps it's static on the stream!:p

Ref is allowing a fair amount of physicality which is refreshing to see.

• Advertisement

Could have easily gone against Kilbane there I think.

Advertisement