Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Ledley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I feel bad for him but delighted for us,

They couldn't bring him to the finals with the amount of games in a short period of time.

It can't be easy for a player to be told he'll never play for his country again. If it where me I have to say I'd do anything to play for ireland but it would be hard to go against spurs for him seeing all the attention he gets for training.

Lets hope we get a bit longer with him due to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

This is the most farcical thing I have read in a while. Seeing the "HUGE" fallout between Harry and Capello on Sky Sports News etc..... I understand that all these people exist in the MAGICAL world of professional football where everyone drives flash cars, have hot wives, "who mansion will we party in tonight" attitudes but there are times when the REAL world applies.

As a Spurs fan I am delighted for King to get such recognition for his amazing abilities to put in consistently good performances, making a massive difference in the team every time he plays despite his lack of training and relying on his natural fitness......BUT....like we talk about his problem like it is one that has been solved it certainly hasn't been.

The guy battles week in week out to around for 90mins at a time. He is hanging on to his professional career by a thread and just because his current problem is "managable" does not mean he is immune to further injury. In fact it makes him more susceptible to bigger and worse injuries.

King strikes me as a really good bloke and I would wish him the ability to play for his country as I think he would put more into it than anyone else on the pitch but I feel it is time for him and surly the England set up to realise his limits, repay Spurs for his new contract in complete dedication were other players have lost their careers to such an injury and a lack of patience from their clubs. He can't have his cake and eat it!

COYS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

bit stupid calling him up alright. fair enough it is recognition for what he has done this year but he wont be able to play both for club and country. the guys played something like 200 games in 10 years. that kinda of says something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I knew this wasn't going to work out from the start,calling him up was a bit stupid anyway with everyone knowing Kings injury problems,and i'm sure King realised this fairly quickly because he is looking for a new contract at the moment and could have ruined any possibility of that if he played for England and made his knee probs worse.anyway it's good news for Spurs.

Advertisement