Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two graphics cards

Options
  • 24-03-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Ok guys,

Quick question: my new dell machine got delivered with 2 NVIDIA Quatro FX 570s.

Is this a mistake, or do they somehow work together?

M

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ok guys,

Quick question: my new dell machine got delivered with 2 NVIDIA Quatro FX 570s.

Is this a mistake, or do they somehow work together?

M

It's called SLI. Or loads of monitors if that's more important to you. An extra Quadro would be expensive though, can you post a link to the spec you ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

I don't have the spec here.

There are 2 graphics cards and 2 outputs from each.

This is just my work desktop and am half considering using the second graphics cards in my home machine if its not contributing anything!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't have the spec here.

There are 2 graphics cards and 2 outputs from each.

This is just my work desktop and am half considering using the second graphics cards in my home machine if its not contributing anything!

The performance is poor, I wouldn't bother unless you need more monitor outputs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

depending on the quadro you can installed hacked drivers which turn it into the equivilent geforce version ( both are the same just different driver sets, and soetimes firmware )

But yeah, unless you plan on going quad monitor in work, nab it and bring it home :)

I'm not doing anything high end at work so I dont really need that graphics power.

Would the FX570 be any good for playing games at home? I just want to play the likes of hl2...

• Advertisement

So thats a 9600gt basicially then. Yeah it would be alright for games like hl2 and even newer games. finding the cracked divers might eb a bit more difficult but with the help of google and a few forums you should be fine. It will run games with the quadro drivers, just not the may west.

Anti wrote: »
    So thats a 9600gt basicially then. Yeah it would be alright for games like hl2 and even newer games. finding the cracked divers might eb a bit more difficult but with the help of google and a few forums you should be fine. It will run games with the quadro drivers, just not the may west.

Closer to an 8600 it seems, but still plenty enough for HL2.

yup sorry, meant to type 8600

So one card is as good as an 8600?

That's great guys, thanks for the help!

Advertisement