Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Dead

• 24-03-2009 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Computer.

Today I tried to hook up an external sound card through USB but the laptop crashed and stopped giving power. Then it started to give power but at boot up all I get is a blank screen and 2 out of the 3 locked lights are on (number 9 and arrow down) whilst the middle light (lock A) is flashing.

Anyone come across this before?

Also, the warranty is over, is it still possible to get technical support?

Finally, is it possible to get the info off the hard drive without sending it back to them?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated if anyone knows what the problem may be :(

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

You can get info off the drive no problem, provided it is not damaged.

One way is to remove the hard-drive (usually very easy) and put it into an external enclosure (about €10). And then you can access it using another computer, and can begin locating your important files and backing them up, to CD/DVD, another hard-drive, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pamela111

You can get info off the drive no problem, provided it is not damaged.

One way is to remove the hard-drive (usually very easy) and put it into an external enclosure (about €10). And then you can access it using another computer, and can begin locating your important files and backing them up, to CD/DVD, another hard-drive, etc.

Thanks. Ive backed up the data.

I rang Dell but they would only deal with me if I paid them £25 in United Kingdom money. 1. Thats a lot for phone advice and 2. Im in Ireland :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

aer you getting the DELL startup screen as soon as you turn the laptop on?

Advertisement