Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventures in oversize formats: DC announces Wednesday Comics

Options
  • 24-03-2009 3:01pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

More info here (CBR) and here (Newsarama).

Basically it's a 12-issue weekly series from DC, but in oversize format - so 16 pages long, but each page is 14" by 20".

Now I have to be honest here - given how much I've enjoyed things like Dresden Codak and Nobody Scores!, not to mention older things like Calvin and Hobbes or even Little Nemo In Slumberland due to their creative use of layouts and page space, this sounds like it could be great.

My only bugbear about the whole thing, in fact, is that the comic will feature 15 stories about DC superheroes. Even so, I'll probably take a look at it just to see what people do with it from a visual perspective.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

Not to be over critical just because it's one of the 'big two' , but it really feels like tinkering with the medium, when it's the message that needs to be changed.

If the stories are good then there is no reason to create an over sized gimmick format to house them - and again

Advertisement