Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat sitting in their own home.

Options
  • 24-03-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I was wondering if anone knew whether there was a service available in the Dublin/Kildare area where someone would cat-sit in the pet's own home.

I have two rescue FIV+ cats who are real home bodies and get very stressed if they're not comfortable and in their own surroundings. Even the regular trips to the vet freak them out so there is no way on earth I could even contemplate putting them in a cattery while we go on holiday - especially since stress is reported to lower a cats immune system.

It would be amazing to be able to find someone who would come in once or twice a day to feed them, add water to the fountains, empty the litter trays and have a bit of a play with them but I haven't been able to find any service like that advertised.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if such a thing existed and if so, has anyone used the service.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Do you have any student/young neighbours who would be delighted to oblige against a recompense ? That is the way we work it when we go on holidays and it works a treat.

Valerie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kitty_mom

hey mary,

where do you live? I am based in dublin 15 and if you are any where nearby i don't mind cat sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Thanks for the advice and offers guys but I live in Kildare and that might be a bit off the beaten track for a lot of people.
    As for asking the neighbours - I wouldn't trust them to look after the cardboard cutout of a cat, never mind my two, and I'd be terrified all the time I was away in case anything happened to them. As FIV+ cats, any little scrapes, knocks or bumps could lead to something much worse, not to mention any stress they might have.
    I had a call from the rescue organisation I got them from, out of the blue, lastnight and they've re-homed another FIV+ cat in my area so they're going to put us in touch with each other and maybe I'll feel more confident about letting these people look after my little darlings. Fingers crossed that it all works out as it'd be a great solution for both families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pollyposh

Hi Mary
    I live near Kinnegad so if you are stuck for someone to mind them, let me know.

Regards
    P.

Advertisement