Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best things about Dundalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

ya we got our first traffic lights lately, but we dont need traffic lights, if the roads clear you drive,if they arent you stop, so in our eyes we are saving the state valuable money by not having traffic lights,
    just like the people around dundalk are saving the state money by cleaning their own diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Can we stick to the topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tony's on the Avenue Road and Beef with Hot Pepper sauce and Cashew Nuts from the Jade Garden/one accross the road..

It really is what I miss the most after leaving for Dublin 5 years ago. The Italian and Chinese take aways in Dublin simple pale in comparison.

Wish Tony would franchise it out actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

Tony's on the Avenue Road and Beef with Hot Pepper sauce and Cashew Nuts from the Jade Garden/one accross the road..

It really is what I miss the most after leaving for Dublin 5 years ago. The Italian and Chinese take aways in Dublin simple pale in comparison.

Wish Tony would franchise it out actually.

tonys on avenue rd is very good doner kebab is the boss in there:cool:

good nite out to be had in oriel park when dundalk fc play:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

tonys on avenue rd is very good doner kebab is the boss in there:cool:

Curry chip and chicken fillet burger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

good nite out to be had in oriel park when dundalk fc play:cool:

Last Tuesday wasnt much fun up there so cold, wet and lumping the ball into the box all night. Tonys has another outlet in Omeath so maybe he is slowly franchising!

indiewindy wrote: »
    Last Tuesday wasnt much fun up there so cold, wet and lumping the ball into the box all night. Tonys has another outlet in Omeath so maybe he is slowly franchising!

aye your right but in fairness to rovers they defended well all 2nd half we showed no guile to try and break them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Kierans fillet boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Dundalk is a nice town with a reasonable amount of facilities...
    But the increase of young fellas and grown men watching Green Street before they go to the local field to watch the boys play is mad..being influenced by a film, its funny in a way but then again quiet sad..
    I notice through out Dundalk people talking about firms and things, like i'm talking about grown men here..
    Awh well, your never too young for anything are you??:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

flag123 wrote: »
    ...the increase of young fellas and grown men watching Green Street before they go to the local field to watch the boys play is mad..being influenced by a film, its funny in a way but then again quiet sad..
    I notice through out Dundalk people talking about firms and things, like i'm talking about grown men here..
    Awh well, your never too young for anything are you??:p

You can't see this through out Dundalk as I haven't the foggiest idea what you're on about! :confused:

I love how Dundalk is a good sized town yet so many people know each other. You'll never walk down a street without somebody greeting you.
    Five minutes out the road and you have the tremendous scenery and wildlife of Dundalk Bay and the mountains. There is a history about the area which is unmatched anywhere in Ireland. There's no place like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You can't see this through out Dundalk as I haven't the foggiest idea what you're on about! :confused:

I love how Dundalk is a good sized town yet so many people know each other. You'll never walk down a street without somebody greeting you.
    Five minutes out the road and you have the tremendous scenery and wildlife of Dundalk Bay and the mountains. There is a history about the area which is unmatched anywhere in Ireland. There's no place like it.

Thats true, its hard to go through the town without at least one person knowing you and I'm not even from it (lived here a good while though). As for watching Green Street before they go out you could have picked a better film .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 foodies-inc.

Speaking of La Cantina, has anyone been in there recently, I was there last week and I have to say the food was absolutley fantastic, I used to go there years ago but got a bit fed up of it. Got to say whatever they have changed long may it last , well worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Speaking of La Cantina, has anyone been in there recently, I was there last week and I have to say the food was absolutley fantastic, I used to go there years ago but got a bit fed up of it. Got to say whatever they have changed long may it last , well worth a try

Love it!

I was there on Sunday and Monday night (No i don't work there)

They have started doing take away! When i was collecting my food i was talking to the manager who said they should be doing delivery in the next few weeks!

www.lacantinadundalk.com

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

You can't see this through out Dundalk as I haven't the foggiest idea what you're on about! :confused:.

football hooligan wannabes :P

Did you ever see the film Green street, well lets just say the boys suffer from what we call "Rocky Syndrome"..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 foodies-inc.

Thanks for the link miceal , didn't actually know that they did take away or had a web site. Less cooking for me in the future;). They also now do a great early bird menu, great for a quick bite after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shleed

The Roma and Europa.

Advertisement