Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B&W Panorama

• 24-03-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭

i just heard this speaker and it is absolutly sensational! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Interesting idea. I think they really should have put an iPod dock in the top. I am not too keen on it only having a single tweeter.

I just saw the price - Are they kidding? (£1500)

More expensive than the 50" Plasma which you might be hooking it up to! To put it another way, a fifth the cost of a pair of 802Ds.

I really like B&W speakers, and own several, but that is whack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

cnocbui wrote: »
    Interesting idea. I think they really should have put an iPod dock in the top. I am not too keen on it only having a single tweeter.

I just saw the price - Are they kidding? (£1500)

More expensive than the 50" Plasma which you might be hooking it up to! To put it another way, a fifth the cost of a pair of 802Ds.

I really like B&W speakers, and own several, but that is whack.

Wait till you hear it its better than any €1500 system i ave heard its really good , i just bought one for a small room with my new 42" panasonic , yeah it costs more than the tv but my sound systems always have lol:D and i have had lots of b&w speakers over the years , never the cheapest but alway gave great service which in my mind is where the value is in a quality product.

Oh and where can ya find 802d;s for €7500, id buy em in a second if i thought i could get a pair for that! savage speakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

http://www.cloneyaudio.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?record=91

£7,829

I was surprised too,

How about £3600 - just hire a van and grab a ferry:

http://used-digital-camera-hifi-phones.vivastreet.co.uk/camera-tv-sale-buy+bristol-bs10/b-w-802d-rosenut-diamond-speakers-tweeter-1-year-old/13020648

Would want the original boxes though. Could be a scam of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

where did you listen to the soundbar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

they have one out in cloneys in blackrock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

doc crock wrote: »
    they have one out in cloneys in blackrock

The yamaha YS1 is strangely effective I know not anywhere near this unit but a nice compromise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

doc crock wrote: »
    i just heard this speaker and it is absolutly sensational! :D

Could you please expand a bit on that. How was the surround effect in comparison to a 5.1 set up ? How was stereo.

Would I be right in saying it can't handle any of the new HD sound formats on Blu Ray since it only has optical/digital in ? That would be a major omission at that price point and a deal breaker for many.

I just got hold of a Yamaha YSP-1100 plus table for a great price and hope to set it up next week. Have to admit the Panorama looks a lot sexier but all the comparative reviews I've seen say that the Yamaha's 40 directional minispeakers that bounce sound off the walls trump the processing trickery used in other sound bars. I'm sure the Panorama will be a lot better for stereo and music, it'll be interesting to see the reviews on the surround performance.

Advertisement