Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cardboard box?

Options
  • 24-03-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Where can you buy small cardboard boxes so that i can send a fragile item (Hard Drive) in the post...

Returning something to Komplett

Preferably in the Douglas area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Chance your arm and head into Argos or somewhere like that and see is there any small boxes they are throwing away. Maybe the post office??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Easons do small post boxes and would be perfect for a hard drive. Think they're about 2-3 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Easons do small post boxes and would be perfect for a hard drive. Think they're about 2-3 euro.

Really dont wanna go all the way into town tho, but if needs must!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

You said the Douglas area? Try the centre, New Look usually have boxes from bags behind the counter, same with dunnes and gamestop. Or if you're feeling really cheecky ask someone in the centre staff to get a box from the bailer out the back if it hasnt compacted yet

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lolabugs

Cable wrote: »
    Or if you're feeling really cheecky ask someone in the centre staff to get a box from the bailer out the back if it hasnt compacted yet

Not being cheeky at all!
    I work in a shop and customers always ask for our empty boxes and we're more then happy to give them.
    Definetly would do that IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where can you buy small cardboard boxes so that i can send a fragile item (Hard Drive) in the post...

Returning something to Komplett

Preferably in the Douglas area

why buy them???
    <modsnip> Please refrain from giving out personal details about another boards user </modsnip> i'm surpised you didn't come to me my dad has sh!t loads of them up at the office.... being a courier company and all! He deals in the stuff! :rolleyes:

Theres a place next door to dunnes on the bandon roundabout that sell boxes and packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

How small? I've a few different sizes lying around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Well it has to fit a Hard Drive so something from the size of a tissue box to a shoe box should do perfect!!!

Advertisement